Author Topic: Raider Wars and Base 3.1 update released!  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Raider Wars and Base 3.1 update released!
New content will be released when there's enough to release. No point in releasing an update when a single model with textures has been updated or added.

Offline waldi

i dont like the new effects in 3.1 the smoke looks gay and the explosions are horrible is there a way i can fix it

Offline Raapys

By giving the developers constructive feedback and telling how you would like it to be, instead of just saying it's "gay", for starters.

Offline waldi

sorry iam wondering if its possible ever to have damage effects like in the show where parts of ships can be destroyed

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Likely an issue with video card or video card drivers. Give your system specs.

Offline waldi

well i have win xp radeon 7500 but no the 3.0 works perfectly fine and if you can answer the second question too

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Update your video card drivers to the latest ones. Uninstall old old ones first though. For this you can use AT Cat uninstaller.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

And you can already blow parts of ships off. It's just not used to great lenghts in most models. One of the models where this is used is GOD.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I finally got a chance to test out 3.1 today, and had a few issues.  First of all, the Raider Battlewagon causes a CTD whenever its selected from the techroom.  This leads me to believe that something you've done to the model in 3.1 has destabalized it somehow.  I haven't completed RW yet, so I don't know if it will make an appearance in that campaign, but since this is during 2258, I don't think the design existed yet.  Can anyone else confirm this?

2ndly, this may be a problem with my machine.  I tend to get alot of static associated with sounds and voice files, both in-game and in the interface.  Its no where near as annoying as the BUZZ issue I've been experiencing under FS2, but it starts to slow things down.  Please note, I'm using Coolmon's 01/17 build.

While I'm posting, I would be remiss if I didn't congradulate the TBP team.  I completed the EMW demo, and what a piece of work that is.  The voice files accompanying it combined with the awsome resolution of those planets actually gave me an immersive feeling a few times.  I'm currently on M2 of RW, and boy am I finding this difficult.  I hope to have further time to work on this tomorrow afternoon.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!