Author Topic: 3.6.16 multiplayer setup instructions - Games Thrusday 8PM GMT  (Read 127302 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: 3.6.10 multiplayer setup instructions - Games Thrusday 8PM GMT
Standalone up if anyone wants to use it.  Instructions in the Multiplayer forum.  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65410.0
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
server seems to work, I'd play a round. (and hopefully the modem will too)

Edit: Well server did, modem didn't. Played 2 minutes of Vid's Defense with Draco before I got kicked out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:20:10 pm by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

WILL THERE BE A GAME TONIGHT?

Testing and developing for WCS has really shown me how I missed these.

EDIT: Still online. If nobody shows up in lets say additonal 15 minutes, I am frustrated. Have tried to play a game of TBP or FS2 the whole week now and failed.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 02:53:29 pm by Vidmaster »

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

IS ANYBODY INTERESTED IN PLAYING TOMORROW NIGHT? PLEASE???

Yeah I am. what time :confused: ? eastern time plz cause I'm not so good with the timezones and what not.   :shaking:

Offline Vidmaster

Look here.
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/index.htm

EDIT: Alright, will be there in a few minutes
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:47:05 pm by Vidmaster »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I just entered all the mission CRC's so validation should work properly now. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

TBP dogfights just beat the crap out of FS2, WCS and even BtrL ones. Vidmaster, awesome time he had. Dogfights, cool they are.

Offline AlX

Hi Guys, newb question for you...

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the thread but having some trouble: I've downloaded Zathras from the official release page but when I look for the "fs2_open_3_6_10r-20090125_r5053.exe" file in the launcher it's not there. Can anyone point me to where I can find it?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You should have a FS2_Open 3.6.10 inferno exe.  The 5053 one is old and not in Zathras.  Where did you see those instructions?

Offline AlX

You should have a FS2_Open 3.6.10 inferno exe.  The 5053 one is old and not in Zathras.  Where did you see those instructions?

Ok, I have the INF build of 3.6.10.

The instructions I saw were in the first post in this thread.

Thanks for your help though.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Can I play? I want to shoot Vidmaster... and Fubar... in the back  ;7

I feel I have to add three smileys at this point so you know I'm joking!

:) :) :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
with tongue in cheek  i will reply......

you need to download Zathras to be able to play TBP in multiplayer .....  :p
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Wow. Surprising when it worked perfectly well in TBP FINAL :P. Someone isn't taking backward compatibility very seriously. Doesn't this mean you will need to release a new Zathras every time they update the engine? Doesn't that mean your the SCP team's b**ch andicirk? They own you.  :D

Anyway thanks for the info. No need for tongue in cheek it's a statement of fact. Feel free to shout "Ha! You *must* download Zathras. I win. I WIN. I WWIIIIINNNN!!!! I AM THE BEST. YAY FOR ME!."
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Wow. Surprising when it worked perfectly well in TBP FINAL :P. Someone isn't taking backward compatibility very seriously. Doesn't this mean you will need to release a new Zathras every time they update the engine? Doesn't that mean your the SCP team's b**ch andicirk? They own you.  :D

Anyway thanks for the info. No need for tongue in cheek it's a statement of fact. Feel free to shout "Ha! You *must* download Zathras. I win. I WIN. I WWIIIIINNNN!!!! I AM THE BEST. YAY FOR ME!."

pmsl , "worked perfectly" now i know you have lost the plot , how many times were we hunting for each others games not being able to host or see hosted games and watching it crash 20 seconds after?
other than that i may have not explained , as you know the games are generally hosted on fs2netd server which has been upgraded so the 3.6.9 games dont show , this does not stop you from playing direct IP games ..; or playing by yourself ( i had a witty statement to add here but im just bored of you now  ;7)
you know where i stand , so please stop being this way....

and as for the scp ***** thing , there kind of cute and as long as the leather shorts doesnt chaffe im quite happy.......
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:23:38 am by andicirk »
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
pmsl , "worked perfectly" now i know you have lost the plot , how many times were we hunting for each others games not being able to host or see hosted games

Yeah. Obviously a game engine bug. The SCP programming team's job to fix. Not TBPs. The end user should have been able to simply drop in a new game executable to fix it. Except that SCP programmers lead by Goober and Karajorma decided that maintaining backward compatibility was just too much hard work. So instead, they made you their update b--ch :). Again. Have fun. Developing for SCP is a moving goal post.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Except that quite a few of those game engine bugs were caused by bad data. In which case the data must be fixed rather than the engine continuing to support bad data.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Except that quite a few of those game engine bugs were caused by bad data.

Wel this was all previously discussed so let's leave it. On this question it would appear that either one of us is mistaken or one of us is lying.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Given that I've run the data through the debugger. It's you.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
What I'm mistaken or a liar?