Author Topic: "Modding Resources" Section  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
"Modding Resources" Section
Currently I only have the GTF Ulysses updated, because I would like to get some feedback on how I arranged things.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/GTF_Ulysses#Modding_Resources

Feedback would be greatly appreciated before I continue the project to other ships. My idea is to show a matching shot of what the model NOW looks like vs it's retail look as well as provide information regarding any changes between Retail and MediaVP texture resource names.

For ships that have gotten only Texture upgrades, There won't be a History link but rather a "Work Needed" declaration so that any one browsing can see that it still needs a new model.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: "Modding Resources" Section
For the retail look, you'd want to use the PCX textures sans shine, glow, normal and environment maps. No glowpoints, either.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Or even easier, I can just load Retail. :-)

I'll go ahead and continue then.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Ooh, yeah that's cool if for no other reason than to see the difference. :D

The history probably doesn't need to be so concise though. Just whatever appears in the MVP credits ought to do.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities