Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163733 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Sorry about my delays, I'm currently on a dial-up connection probably no faster than about 36kb/s. Loading these pages takes forever and a day.

I'll make some edits tomorrow Lorric, :) and it gives me a better chance to see what everyone is posting instead of missing all the new ones while I load something.

Yea, I'll attack the Nordera. I can change my RP to setting up Vega's defence and leaving an automated message etc etc.

However I liked the idea of sitting there to welcome them, everything else suddenly became invisible and only Vega, myself and them remained. Was an interesting feeling to be honest. :)
Thanks.

Oh, and look at what happened to me, I was sat waiting for the 1st Zy earlier in the game, and that's when we had no idea what was coming. And then right at the last minute I had to leave! :D

Offline Lorric

Here's something interesting:

3rd Fleet - 'Task Force 765'  under the command of Rear Admiral John Harkness (Torchwood) on the flagship Senhime

None of the other fleets are struck through. Has Torchwood (or you, Spoon) decided he's not playing anymore?

It appears Rear Admiral John Harkness has fallen in battle... :(

Offline Veers

I noticed that earlier while I was writing,

Could just be struck out until there is a decision made, or it does represent no longer playing. If you'll notice the... was it the 1st DD that was destroyed?, only the flagship name is crossed out.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

I noticed that earlier while I was writing,

Could just be struck out until there is a decision made, or it does represent no longer playing. If you'll notice the... was it the 1st DD that was destroyed?, only the flagship name is crossed out.
Oh yeah, I didn't see that...

The plot thickens! :)

Offline Flak

And are those the old Lao Tzes? Is that the Leopard?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
None of the other fleets are struck through. Has Torchwood (or you, Spoon) decided he's not playing anymore?

It appears Rear Admiral John Harkness has fallen in battle... :(
Torchwood found himself lost in the zone while playing crusader kings and had forgotten about the outside world. I told him it was okay but he hasn't clearly indicated that he wants to continue or not.

And are those the old Lao Tzes? Is that the Leopard?
I'm not completely sure what Lao Tzes are but the fighter in the first part of the T7 video is the Leopard.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Torchwood found himself lost in the zone while playing crusader kings and had forgotten about the outside world. I told him it was okay but he hasn't clearly indicated that he wants to continue or not.
And the online World too it appears! :D

Nice to know he can still come back. :)

I'm not completely sure what Lao Tzes are but the fighter in the first part of the T7 video is the Leopard.
We (Terrans) seem to be getting all these new ships, so very many of them compared to before. Will the Heirarchy get any new gear at some point?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
No, those definitely are not the old Lao Tzes. Those were FTF MiGs.

These look completely new.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

We (Terrans) seem to be getting all these new ships, so very many of them compared to before. Will the Heirarchy get any new gear at some point?
Well, some of them have started using their heads, maybe others will follow. The Hierarchy already has both lots of special abilities and powerful fleets. I'm not excluding them getting new gear at some point, but we haven't seen that many specials being used - headz, nordera zeal?, slipstream jump, sun trap thingy, hertak moral whip on the furz? (Am I missing any?)

So far, we've seen 2 nordera specials + 2 zy and possibly 1 hertak (assuming it's not some passive ability to motivate the Fura'n'gl), meaning we're still missing cordi and fur stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fura'n'gl were the "wizard" of the group and had a big bunch of abilities up their sleeves (or crystals or whatever).

So tired ... must sleep.

Well, one special ability of the Fura'ngle more or less killed one of you fleets. Check turn 5 and what damage they did to the 3rd CRF - it doesn't follow the usual calculation.

So what do we have:
Nordera: Kamikaze (the morale up after heavy damage was probably caused by the Hertak)
Cordi: Unless Spoon bends the rules for the hierarchy, they must have something like Blitz that can secure a system directly on arrival. Would fit their fighter/small capitals mobile fleets.
Zy: Slipstream jump and making stars go supernova
Fura'ngle: 100% fighter damage to anti capship damage instead of 50%
Hertak: +1 morale aura

I suspect the morale losses after destruction of 1st Hertak are not part of the regular abilities/rules but more of a story-event. Morale doesn't follow very strict rules anyway. If the Cordi don't have a capture system ability the other fleets (Nordera) must be able to resupply in a contested system without enemies.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I just checked turn 5, that was a mistake on my part. Fura'ngle fighter damage follows the same rules as everyone else.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Well, some of them have started using their heads, maybe others will follow. The Hierarchy already has both lots of special abilities and powerful fleets. I'm not excluding them getting new gear at some point, but we haven't seen that many specials being used - headz, nordera zeal?, slipstream jump, sun trap thingy, hertak moral whip on the furz? (Am I missing any?)

So far, we've seen 2 nordera specials + 2 zy and possibly 1 hertak (assuming it's not some passive ability to motivate the Fura'n'gl), meaning we're still missing cordi and fur stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fura'n'gl were the "wizard" of the group and had a big bunch of abilities up their sleeves (or crystals or whatever).

So tired ... must sleep.
I actually just meant in terms of in-game for release.

And yes, I suspect the Fura'ngle will have a surprise in store for us at some point.

Well, one special ability of the Fura'ngle more or less killed one of you fleets. Check turn 5 and what damage they did to the 3rd CRF - it doesn't follow the usual calculation.

So what do we have:
Nordera: Kamikaze (the morale up after heavy damage was probably caused by the Hertak)
Cordi: Unless Spoon bends the rules for the hierarchy, they must have something like Blitz that can secure a system directly on arrival. Would fit their fighter/small capitals mobile fleets.
Zy: Slipstream jump and making stars go supernova
Fura'ngle: 100% fighter damage to anti capship damage instead of 50%
Hertak: +1 morale aura

I suspect the morale losses after destruction of 1st Hertak are not part of the regular abilities/rules but more of a story-event. Morale doesn't follow very strict rules anyway. If the Cordi don't have a capture system ability the other fleets (Nordera) must be able to resupply in a contested system without enemies.

I think the Zy might be morale shock resistant/immune. We hit them HARD last turn and it didn't drop.

The Hertak apply +2 morale to the Fura'ngle.

I think I've got the Nordera morale figured out. It just works opposite to normal morale, it goes up where someone else's would go down. It also goes down if they don't see action for awhile.

There's no need for the Cordi to have a special. The Cyrvans don't have a special. Don't be giving Spoon any ideas now... :nervous:

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Cyrvans don't have a special.
Oh, really?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Flak

I mean the old Lao Tze from Blue Planet. The new one is the Blizzard from Dimensional Eclipse.

Offline Veers

It's probably more the full and utter power of the CSA has yet to be revealed

Spoiler:
CSA Special: Retreat to defend Cyrvan Space. +10 to movement speed (so, gone from the map in 1 action. haha)
CSA Special 2: Space Elves fantasy. Male Terrans fight harder to protect Female Cyrvans

I dunno.., I'd fight harder but that's just me :)

No idea what their ability could be, possibly something techwise involving mech-forms?

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Their special is they take several transforming ships, combine them into a single giant mecha, and then Inazuma Kick that fleet out of existence.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Veers

I've adjusted my orders and RP thread accordingly as well. Just for reference.

:)

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

The Cyrvans don't have a special.
Oh, really?
Do you know something I do not?

I've adjusted my orders and RP thread accordingly as well. Just for reference.

:)
Excellent.

Lepanto is in position as well.

So Droid, would you mind attacking the Nordera as well, and hammering the final nail into their coffin?

Offline Lorric

Uh-oh Enioch.

I thought you were being summoned by the top authority in the DD. Maybe you shouldn't rendezvous with this guy after all...

But it would be good if you could take his fancy fleet away from him.

What does Spoon have in store for you...?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hooboy.  Recommend the 3rd DD rendezvous with a prepared barrage?  :lol:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...