Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163683 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Waiting for the go signal~
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Veers

In my own words. Not stolen or copied from anywhere.

Engage!
Release the Kraken.. wait.. dont do that. I dont want to see a huge space kraken.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Cue Cordi Flag Fleet.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Orders submitted and ready.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
been busy this weekend and im not sure about the next two days. I cannot promise anything right now
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Enoich I love the spreadsheet but it unforunately doesn't round the numbers up/down correctly. It'll round a value of 20.4 up to 21 for example, I've always been rounding 20.5 up to 21 and 20.49 and below to 20.

Rear Admiral Carlos Santiago (Lepanto), your fleet gave its life for Queen and Country.
Would you like to continue y/n?

Every CRF Admiral will be Vice Admiral next turn, let's hear those trait choices.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Spoon, I have a request, if you can. Please show at least one minute of footage of the destruction of the 4th CRF Fleet in the Turn 9 video if you can. I have something planned.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Aright
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Aright
Excellent. :)

Oh, and I'll take Master in Logistics for my promotion trait please.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Enoich I love the spreadsheet but it unforunately doesn't round the numbers up/down correctly. It'll round a value of 20.4 up to 21 for example, I've always been rounding 20.5 up to 21 and 20.49 and below to 20.

Rear Admiral Carlos Santiago (Lepanto), your fleet gave its life for Queen and Country.
Would you like to continue y/n?

Every CRF Admiral will be Vice Admiral next turn, let's hear those trait choices.

Oh, sorry, I thought you always rounded up.

Wait a sec.

Here we go. Try this.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

"The Hierarchy deploys its last reserves for a final push to bring the Terrans to their knees.
Does this mean there will be no more reinforcements for the Hierarchy?

1st Fura and Zy fleet implies there will be at least one more of those.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Oh no, I has dead.  :(

I have no intention of staying dead, though. Aggressive Leader, please.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Enioch

I input a conservative turn, just to have something up in case i go AWOL (because I will be traveling all over Europe next week). Hey, Spoon, when's the deadline?

I can travel to Draco and knock the 3rd Htk down to 31(F) / 38(C) (Damage: 13/15). This would bring me to 147/130 (Damage: 39/40, with a possible barrage for 39/44). This is not good enough to weather a double kamikaze and an attack by the 4th Hertak:

(3rd Htk pulls back to Kardoen, 4th &5th Nordera Kamikaze on me, 4th Htk moves to Draco and kicks me in the head). Am I selfish for wanting my fleet to survive and smash some more skulls in?

Offline Lorric

I input a conservative turn, just to have something up in case i go AWOL (because I will be traveling all over Europe next week). Hey, Spoon, when's the deadline?

I can travel to Draco and knock the 3rd Htk down to 31(F) / 38(C) (Damage: 13/15). This would bring me to 147/130 (Damage: 39/40, with a possible barrage for 39/44). This is not good enough to weather a double kamikaze and an attack by the 4th Hertak:

(3rd Htk pulls back to Kardoen, 4th &5th Nordera Kamikaze on me, 4th Htk moves to Draco and kicks me in the head). Am I selfish for wanting my fleet to survive and smash some more skulls in?
I don't think they'd do it. The Nordera can act as sponges to soak up damage to the better fleets when they attack and as blockers. And one is full strength the other nearly full strength.

I definitely think you should be switching to attacking the 3rd Hertak. You need to be on the front using that power on the Hertak.

Offline Lorric

Yes. We simply have to kill the supporting Hertak Fleets.

If the 3rd DD, 1st LSF and 1st CRF all attack the 3rd Hertak, we can destroy them.

Offline Enioch

I don't think they'd do it. The Nordera can act as sponges to soak up damage to the better fleets when they attack and as blockers. And one is full strength the other nearly full strength.

If they're attacking, using Nordera makes no sense. If you have three non-nordi fleets available (they have two, and they might split the Doomstack up, or just sacrifice one Nordera and keep the other), it makes more sense to group them together in a mini-doomstack. The damage still gets spread around and you do more damage. Granted, the damage is split between important fleets, but they are desperate now.

I definitely think you should be switching to attacking the 3rd Hertak. You need to be on the front using that power on the Hertak.

Well, I could. But if I do A) the 3rd Zy is left alone in Aqua with the damaged 2nd SF and B) In your suggestion, the 1st CRF is used to attack. They are already at 43/40. Bringing them to the front lines is a death sentence. I understand that we want to do damage, but still. Spoon has taken every opportunity to kill defending fleets - if he can do it, he does it, no matter the strategic cost to the Hertak.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm still trying to pull some fleets north to relieve pressure on the south.  But if the southern fleets are going to pull back out of reach of most of their fleets this turn I'll pull back too.  I don't know what the best option is right now, we don't have a lot of healthy southern fleets in attack positions this turn.  If we pull back, we may separate the doomstack from the rest of the fleets, giving us a better chance of wiping out the other fleets without too many losses before taking on the doomstack?

As for the North, if the 1st Zy&Fura is a 150% fleet like all the other 1st Fleets were, then it may get a little tight - at least the 5 fleets up there are all in fairly good shape.  For now :nervous:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Pretty certain our Mercs expires next turn niffy. :p That being said, that put me in a dilemma, since I really can't be attacking like this, because I'll lose my mercs right after it. Hmmm....
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Lorric

@ Enioch

The Nordera will be the last fleets we take down. It makes sense to keep them alive, they'll probably do more damage chipping away over the turns than in big explosions now. And they can still explode later anyway. They haven't exactly been eager to explode. I also wonder if there's a string attached to the Nordera explosions, since the 1st Nordera did it after being hammered by three fleets dealing immense damage. Their morale goes up when they fight. Maybe it gets pushed past zealous to a new level where they explode at you...

The Hierearchy can put out more damage now than we can recover. We must attack until that situation changes. I firmly believe the Hertak fleets must be destroyed at all costs.

@ niffiwan

As Andrew says, the mercs expire. All 5 fleets should remain at the top. I actually think there's a chance that combined fleet will be 200%. But 1st Fleets have always been 150%, and there are two full strength Cordi fleets. To make matters worse, if DJ blitzes out, I'll take the full retreat damage from all three, so I'll have to flee behind the lines. I don't think we can hold them if anyone leaves the front.

I would like DJ to save his Blitz. If he and Jellyfish were to use both blitzes on the same opponent when the Hierarchy advances, combined with attacking that opponent first, that could set up a situation where we eliminate someone.

@Jellyfish

Blitz doesn't work that way I'm afraid. I would like you to go to Aldebaran and Defend.

Same for DJ, travel to Aldeberan, don't attack, don't use Blitz. Travel to Aldebaran and Resupply. I will travel to Aldebaran and Resupply. Andrew should be on the rear to merc up while we hold off the advance.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:10:12 am by Lorric »

Offline Enioch

You're displaying tunnel vision again. Too much focusing on the Hertak, not enough focusing on the big picture.

3rd Zy arrives on Aqua next turn. It doesn't attack the 2nd Sf, but jumps away to Tamy, taking no damage, because of the nebula. Next turn, it seeds Tamy with a supernova device.

Say bye-bye to resupplies, southern front.

BTW, Spoon, that change-of-slipstream-destination trick they pulled was nasty. Shame on you.