Author Topic: I can't play Nostos with the latest nightly  (Read 11213 times)

Offline CT27

I can't play Nostos with the latest nightly
I downloaded the latest nightly and tried Inferno:  Nostos on it and I ran into a number of problems.

When I went into the tech room to look at images of ships, in the viewing screen there was no rotating image as usual of ships...there were only a few dots of light.

On the mission briefing screen there were no lines on the briefing screen.  When I looked at the weapon select screen there was no weapon icons on the left side of the screen (the icons you drag into your weapons banks to select a weapon).  The picture of the ship wasn't there either.

When I started the mission, most of the ship I targeted wasn't there.  Only the thrusters were visible.
If I can't get this fixed, I'll have to go back to the October 31, 2017 nightly I was using (that seems to work fine even though a newer build has been recommended).

I've attached a log, I hope it helps.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: I can't play Nostos with the latest nightly
Nightly builds aren’t stable, play with whatever build Inferno recommends.

Offline CT27

Nightly builds aren’t stable, play with whatever build Inferno recommends.

In the release thread it says a "recent nightly build" is recommended.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Just played on recent Nightly; no issues here.  Have you tried rebuilding (remove mod.json and update) Inferno in Knossos?

R

Offline CT27

https://fsnebula.org/mod/Inferno

I did a 'manual' download from the files there.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
What are your hardware specs (and OS)?

Until something can be done, just revert to a previous nightly build.  Also have you tried any debug builds?

R

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This is almost exactly what I encountered some time ago.  For me, the last build with basically no graphical problems (except for the Dark Avenger) was the build from Oct.31st of last year.  That said, I would get some functionality out of new builds, but only for a time.  Sometimes as few as one attempt, other times a build might work for a couple of weeks before suddenly throwing up rendering problems.  I never found an acceptable solution, that is until August when my PC started to fail on me and I ended up performing a $1600 (Can.) system rebuild.  Now, no graphics problems (yet :nervous: ).
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline CT27

What are your hardware specs (and OS)?

Until something can be done, just revert to a previous nightly build.  Also have you tried any debug builds?

R

The debug build was what I used to post the log (IIRC that was proper procedure).

I'm using a 64-bit W7 system.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
What's your video card?

HD 6770 according to the log. Since that supports OGL 4.5 I'm guessing the OGL drivers somehow got corrupted. Try doing a clean reinstall of the drivers for a start.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I had an HD 5770 when I had my issues.

Offline CT27

I tried downloading a recent nightly (October 9, 2018) and have a question about something I saw in there.

After using 7Zip to extract the files, I looked in the folder and there were two folders along with all the files I normally transfer to the main FS2 folder:    "bin" and "platforms".

What do I do with those folders?  Do I just move those folders along with the other files into Games/FS2?

I think the stuff in the bin and platforms is needed for QtFRED; if you use the regular FRED builds you don't need that stuff. Atleast I don't have them in my folder and didn't run into any errors so far.

Offline CT27

I tried reinstalling the graphics driver for my Radeon HD 6770.  That didn't work unfortunately.  With a recent nightly I'm still getting blank ships in the tech room and missions.

EDIT:  Would it help to know what settings I have checked in wxLauncher?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:22:51 pm by CT27 »

Offline CT27

I just tried various campaigns on my other computer (it has a slightly better Radeon HD 7660) and I still have the same problems of ships being blank in the techroom/missions.