Author Topic: 2004-04-26 build  (Read 23623 times)

Offline marajin

• http://marajin.w-ww.org
Originally posted by Langy

Eh? African or European?

Bah, I resisted the urge to post that

Originally posted by Kasperl
why no, have you seen Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail by any chance?

Seen, got, love to peices, quoted so many times it's permanently engrained into my pysche...

Edit: I wonder if it's faster than a Quadraplegic Black Knight with an Afterburner ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 01:09:41 pm by 1529 »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It depends on what quality afterburner it has.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Are taylors changes now included ?
If not, then when will they ?

(If you have to work you start to do stupid things :)
 )
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Can we get a list of new features, bug fixes, by the way?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Some of taylor's fixes are included; some aren't.  All the bugs that are marked as fixed on Mantis should be fixed.

To activate the time slowdown on this build, you need to 1) have cheat mode on, and 2) hold down the cheat button (the tilde, ~, on U.S. keyboards) while pressing the slowdown key.

I'll put this in the first post too.

taylors stuff would be half in half out, dunno for sure.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor

http://mgo.maxgaming.net/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

everything that is marked as fixed here.......
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Originally posted by Goober5000
To activate the time slowdown on this build, you need to 1) have cheat mode on, and 2) hold down the cheat button (the tilde, ~, on U.S. keyboards) while pressing the slowdown key.

oh, I'll try that in a minute or so, or whenever CVS is done updating (it has been over an hour now, BTW, am i doing anything wrong?)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by kasperl
http://mgo.maxgaming.net/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Who removed my account, again? :mad2:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
kasperl: Yeah, I think so.  CVS shouldn't update that much, unless you have a really slow connection.  How long does it take you to download a module from scratch?

TopAce: Nobody removed your account.  I see it right there on the user listing.  Can you log in?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Not really. :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by kasperl
As for 2, you type in www.freespace2.com and then you are in cheat mode. use the normal time compression keys for the rest (i think :nervous: )

Quick question. When do you type that in? In the briefing screen? During the mission (cause some of those keys do stuff)?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

during the mission, ignoring the com window popping up, your ship banking all over the place, and stuff like that.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
YAY!! This build finally solves the CoMT bug I was experiencing.  I've played through several missions without any assiciated crashes.  I've also noticed a general improvement in mission load time.  It also suprised me when simulated speech suddenly worked.

With this build out, can 3.6 be just around the corner? ;7

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
1) The CoMT bug isn't fixed.  It's disabled, but it still leaves a significant memory leak.

2) Mission load time improvement was thanks to taylor... he posted a build with this improvement a few days ago. :)

3) Simulated speech worked because I compiled it that way.  Not everyone has the SDK installed.  RandomTiger is the only one I'm sure of.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Goober5000
1) The CoMT bug isn't fixed.  It's disabled, but it still leaves a significant memory leak.

Well, at least we know for sure where the offending code is.

Great work none-the-less.  Now I can get back to actually working on my campaign(s).
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline marajin

• http://marajin.w-ww.org
OGL bug with the high poly Fenris (Is this a known issue?)

Certain sections of the high poly Fenris are invisible, mainly the central section.

http://marajin.w-ww.org/transparentfenris1.jpg
http://marajin.w-ww.org/transparentfenris2.jpg
http://marajin.w-ww.org/transparentfenris3.jpg

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Yea!  Its a build for my birthday!  THANKS!
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

marajin, are you sure you are using updated texes? i heard the Levy/Fenris is blue in the port, while the other one is red. perhaps it uses. Goob said something about a version 1.2 or something.