Author Topic: Cumulative build  (Read 8795 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Previously in builds:
  • Registry DWORD values "SoundSampleRate" and "SoundSampleBits" set sample rate and bits (Defaults are 22050 and 8, respectively, modern settings are 44100 and 16, respectively)
  • Sound buffers are no longer forced into software memory
  • Dynamically generated art and description text for ship selection screen (Both with and without 3D flag)
  • 2D Mission support - uses mission flag value of 16384
  • Rendering of ship while in first person perspective (3D cockpits) - uses ship flag "show ship"

New to this build:
  • Untested fix for crash when player takes damage as capship
  • Many, many, fixes for OGG support - should work now with mv_music.vp

The build:
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C01172005.zip

The attachment:
Attached is the registry patch to upgrade SoundSampleRate and SoundSampleBits to higher values, this means better OGG decoding quality and such.

Added to the website//redmenace
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:51:29 pm by 887 »
-C

I cannot change my loadout. To be more specific, I can change my lasers and missiles but those changes are not transferred to the actual game.
Example, The mystery of the Trinity: default loadout of 1x GTW5a Prometheus R / 1x GTW Subach HL7 and 1x bank of MX64 Rockeye (20) / 1x bank of MX6 Tempests (400). I can change them to whatever I want to in the loadout screen but the default is used inside the mission no matter what I select to be equipped with.

Offline Solatar

Unlike the previous builds that had the 3d loadout system, this one does not crash when I select a pilot.  :yes:

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
I cannot change my loadout. To be more specific, I can change my lasers and missiles but those changes are not transferred to the actual game.
Example, The mystery of the Trinity: default loadout of 1x GTW5a Prometheus R / 1x GTW Subach HL7 and 1x bank of MX64 Rockeye (20) / 1x bank of MX6 Tempests (400). I can change them to whatever I want to in the loadout screen but the default is used inside the mission no matter what I select to be equipped with.

*notes* Probably has something to do with my fix to get capships working without the 'player ship has no weapons' message.

This DOES have the 3D loadout system too, Solatar. :p
-C

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by WMCoolmon

This DOES have the 3D loadout system too, Solatar. :p

What I was trying to say, that it does have the kickass stuff, and unlike the other ones, it works.:D

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

*notes* Probably has something to do with my fix to get capships working without the 'player ship has no weapons' message.

yes you may :).  i did take a look at the diff and couldn't see much, but i'm not in the mood to look at code now :)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
is there anyway to fix the zoom on the 2d missions so that its the same level of zoom no mater what size ship you are using.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, I'm pretty sure I fixed the prob in my local codebase.

Nuke: Yep, the only reason it is like it is now is so that it's capship compatible.
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Also, is mv_music working now with this build? Are there ANY OGG-specific problems whatsoever?
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Does this build also unclude Taylor's -rlm feature as well as his OGL fixes, and PhReAk's 6-ship-in-loadout-screen feature?

I tried to post the following idea in another thread, but now I can't find it so here it is again.  With the flexibilty of the new loadout screen, could a slot be added for turrets on a ship?  Obviously, problems might take place if cap-ships were used in wings, so the number of turrets that can be displayed might need to be restricted to say 4 or 5.  Either that or the option to change turret loadout would only apply if the target craft is classified as a bomber or fighter.

So is this doable, or would it require too many interface changes?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

When I started the game with this build it said that -rlm was unrecognised so I just deactivated assuming that his fix was now incorperated into the build. There are no graphical problems in OpenGL with any nebula missions now.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Does this build also unclude Taylor's -rlm feature as well as his OGL fixes

Not -rlm but the other OGL fixes are in CVS so this build should have them.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I pointed it out on the FS Modding thread, but the clipping plane when drawing the model in 1st person view mode means that there's problems with any sort of complex cockpit.

Oh, and what are 2D missions?
EDIT; oh, I see.  Neato.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 12:33:50 pm by 181 »

Awesome. Now I dont have to switch builds to utilize all of this great stuff. I will mantis any buggys I find.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
this is the same build, isn't it?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

No, this is a new one, different from the other builds. It has changes for the OGG music and playing as capships.
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i was just making sure i wouldn't download the wrong thing or something...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
.... where's the 3D loadout?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I ask again... is PhReAk's 6-ships in loadout wings present in this build?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Solatar

Make a mission, give Alpha wing 6 players...and find out?