Author Topic: Tri-build  (Read 6203 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C03122005.zip

• A few turret code modifications (May cause crashes right now)
  • New weapon flag, "same turret cooldown", makes the weapon have the same fire rate on turrets as normal (not tested so well)
  • Ship/weapons selection objects should move at correct rates.
  • Fixed crash in trails code
  • Better skinning support for the lab interface.
  • A LOT of CVS modifications by other coders, and probably some stuff I did that I forgot ;)
  • Includes _o build, which is optimized for P4+ processors (Not guaranteed to work on other processors)

It doesn't, unfortunately, fix a couple of docking bugs that I've discovered and the memory problems people have reported having.

Added to the website.//redmenace
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:53:07 am by 887 »
-C

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
awesome.

*downloads
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

I´ve tried the new flags -fixbugs and -nocrash. What can i say. The game runs now perfectly. i have a double in framerate and even the effects looks nicer, than they ever did. Awesome job ;-)

Offline WMCoolmon

-C

Offline starfox

Very nice build !

Got few questions in mind, so might as well as ask them now.
First, is it possible to replace afterburner gauge with gauge similar to weapons energy meter ?

I'll always had problems with Maxim, though I've had hard time pinpointing the source of this problem, is it on the tables or somewhere else ? (I know this is common problem and not excatly related to his build.)

And about the flags in launcher, "fix bugs" and "Disable crashing" in particular. I tried them, but noticed little difference.
Surely the flags with such ambitious names will do something.
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
sweet build! Stable so far, with no visible problems. Framerates seems to have improved a bit, but not much.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Crashes MindGames on startup every time I try it.

Strangely enough the debug build doesn't bat an eyelid. The release build on the other hand gives me this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
fs2_open_C03122005 caused an Illegal Instruction in module fs2_open_C03122005.exe at 001b:005d39cc.
Exception handler called in Freespace 2 Main Thread.
Error occurred at 3/12/2005 12:23:14.
F:\Games\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_C03122005.exe, run by NamelessOne.
1 processor(s), type 586.
1024 MBytes physical memory.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't tried the _o build. What is that for?

Your 20050306 works fine with MG so it looks like it's something new.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 06:37:52 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
o-build seems to work fine on my p4

i noticed something interesting, when i ran the techroom before i ran any missions, the ships were reflecting a screenshot of my desktop, complete with open hlp forum

this is on purpose i suppose
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Lynx

Seems to work flawless, but I tested it only shortly.

BTW, what' s the effect of the turret code modifications.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Works very nice for FS2, but sadly it CTD's with TBP right after the splash screen.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Calling the o build the p4 build would really give us non-WMCoolmons an indication of it use when release comes. :)

1. Endgame is broken, still.
2. Dynamic loadout rendering - Advanced EMP missile doesn't show. (Not it that matters...)
3. Still very picky with TBLs, but that's fsopen so I don't mind.
4. COW is totally broken because of the texture limit on the destroyer - it has more than 16 textures.
5. This time the Hawkwood does get blown up fine. the Colossus arrived much earlier than the Hawkwood did, for some strange reason. I'll test.

TBP 3.1 works fine for me on the o build. The minor bugs aside, this is the fastest SCP build I've played yet, or so it feels like. Are there are interface skins available right now?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 09:15:44 am by 103 »
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Does it include the featuret option (F3 ) ?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey nice, it looks good, runs well, and has bobs stuff too :D
so what do i need to do to see my window skin in action?

while you are tweaking the turrets, one thing id like to see is turrets using the vwep support. i could then do my always wanted gatling turrets :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:34:04 pm by 766 »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

i noticed something interesting, when i ran the techroom before i ran any missions, the ships were reflecting a screenshot of my desktop, complete with open hlp forum

Bobb changed some of the env-mapping code to make it easier to implement in OGL.

BTW, what' s the effect of the turret code modifications.

Not really anything...yet. Which is actually a good thing. ;)

1. Endgame is broken, still.
2. Dynamic loadout rendering - Advanced EMP missile doesn't show. (Not it that matters...)
3. Still very picky with TBLs, but that's fsopen so I don't mind.
4. COW is totally broken because of the texture limit on the destroyer - it has more than 16 textures.
5. This time the Hawkwood does get blown up fine. the Colossus arrived much earlier than the Hawkwood did, for some strange reason. I'll test.

1)ick
2)I need to take another stab at that, some Inferno weapons have the problem too
3)Yeah, if that makes it impossible to play some mods, you can check "Disable parsing errors" in the troubleshooting section, which will turn off the strict parsing. I'd really recommend getting the tables fixed tho.
4)Talk to Bobb. 16 textures is a helluva lot. I can speak from personal experience tht fs2_open doesn't like switching between textures/graphics.
5)Hmm.

Does it include the featuret option (F3 ) ?

Yes

hey nice, it looks good, runs well, and has bobs stuff too
so what do i need to do to see my window skin in action?

while you are tweaking the turrets, one thing id like to see is turrets using the vwep support. i could then do my always wanted gatling turrets

Make an interface.tbl and run in D3D. It's not working so well right now, Bobb implemented a new function to solve all the my skinning woes and I've only used it for a couple of the borders.

What is vwep support, btw? If you mean ballistic weapons, capital ships should already be able to have them. Although they won't run out of ammo - I suppose I could make it possible for that to happen.

On the skinning stuff, when I wrote 'interface skinning' I was actually referring to the lab...apologies for getting people's hopes up amd then dashing 'em.
-C

Offline Axem

Alignment with the ammo readouts still a bit off. Now it's a bit too high. :p

But other than that, runs great. Getting much faster speeds than the last few ones.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
w00t for the turret stuffs! ;7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Solatar

"same turret cooldown" kicks ass...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
What is vwep support, btw? If you mean ballistic weapons, capital ships should already be able to have them. Although they won't run out of ammo - I suppose I could make it possible for that to happen.

vwep is the name i gave to the feature bobboau implemented that allows you to see a ships weapons. i chose vwep as that is what fps games call it. akronym for Visible WEaPon. basicly i want it on turrets, id ask bob but i figured that sence you started working on convoluted turret code you might have the nessisary understanding to implement it. it would look real good for the rumrunner's gatling battery :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 12:06:11 am by 766 »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
5) The Hawkwood only arrives after the Cato has been destroyed.  If it manages to survive, the Colossus will arrive and kill it first, then wait for the Hawkwood.

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Nuke

vwep is the name i gave to the feature bobboau implemented that allows you to see a ships weapons. i chose vwep as that is what fps games call it. akronym for Visible WEaPon. basicly i want it on turrets, id ask bob but i figured that sence you started working on convoluted turret code you might have the nessisary understanding to implement it. it would look real good for the rumrunner's gatling battery :D

Probably not. I'm not sure how Bobb did that (although I haven't taken a look) and turrets aren't set up for it that well. It's possible but maybe not plausible.

Edit: Something I forgot to mention that taylor (IIRC) did. Try disabling Bobb's Deimos... :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 01:11:21 am by 374 »
-C