Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 5  (Read 42675 times)

Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 5
Reflash Rate is fixed with 60hz... (This happens regardless of V-sync)
it's bug?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You'll have to bug someone with access to the data though, or provide some basic mission/data for us to test with.  I don't know how many devs actually have access to your betas, I just know that I'm not one of them.  Makes fixing this sort of bug rather difficult.  :)

I did take a look actually using the old beta Starman gave me a while back but it gave me so many errors due to it not being compatible with 3.6.9 that I gave up in disgust. If the WCS team want to give me their newer tables (and they work) I could look at this pretty soon. Otherwise I believe Kazan's got access anyway :)

the speech system needs to be fixed. It plays regaurdless of their being a wav file or not.
That one deffinitely needs to be in Mantis.  I don't have the ability to actually test/replicate this so it's not something that I can fix, but I'm sure that either Goober5000 or karajorma might take a crack at it.

Hmmm. I haven't had speech synth on in a while but I'm happy to check this one out.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

I was going to track that down.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Feel free :)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Well, what is the difference between the RC 5 and the one in the CVS ?
I didn't try mod with the RC, but with the 27.07.2006 release version from CVS, I can't play anymore to my Star Wars mods (he's place into a folder) so I'm wondering why I can't see any change. When I go to the techroom, I see no SW ships neither the custom mission I made.

PS : I'm sorry ,if I put this post in the wrong topic. But, /me think it is related to fs open build, so ...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I think this post (including the quotes from Taylor) pretty much sums up the differences.

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Just a guess, but have you tried 'Ctrl+Shift S' in the techroom?  Maybe you're used to having -allslev but that's been replaced now by this hotkey.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
So -allslev is somehow hardcoded now ? That explains why the 3rd primary is missing in the campaign game, since it has vanquished in older builds too when using -allslev in the launcher.  See my mantis post in conjunciton to that :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just a guess, but have you tried 'Ctrl+Shift S' in the techroom?  Maybe you're used to having -allslev but that's been replaced now by this hotkey.

I've just try the Ctrl + Shift S, and there is no change. I still see the Fs2 models, and nothing in custom missions.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
So -allslev is somehow hardcoded now ? That explains why the 3rd primary is missing in the campaign game, since it has vanquished in older builds too when using -allslev in the launcher.  See my mantis post in conjunciton to that :)
Using -allslev should have made absolutely no difference for the missing 3rd primary though.  All that option did is just let it show all campaign missions in the mission simulator rather than only the ones that you have completed.  The hotkey does exactly the same thing.  It does nothing outside of the mission simulator screen.

I've just try the Ctrl + Shift S, and there is no change. I still see the Fs2 models, and nothing in custom missions.
And you are doing CTRL+SHIFT+S in the mission simulator screen, right?  The simroom is a separate interface screen from the techroom, though they look largely like the same place, so using the hotkey in the techroom doesn't automatically carry over to the simroom interface.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
And you are doing CTRL+SHIFT+S in the mission simulator screen, right?  The simroom is a separate interface screen from the techroom, though they look largely like the same place, so using the hotkey in the techroom doesn't automatically carry over to the simroom interface.

Yes, that's it. I try as well in shiplist from the techroom, I saw some sort of automatic refresh but, I still see Fs 2 ships instead of having Star Wars ships.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Using -allslev should have made absolutely no difference for the missing 3rd primary though.  All that option did is just let it show all campaign missions in the mission simulator rather than only the ones that you have completed.  The hotkey does exactly the same thing.  It does nothing outside of the mission simulator screen.

I know it's sounds completly unlogic, but I can prove it :)

In the old december builds from 2005 I stumpled over the problem that suddenly my third primary (to be more detailed, the second primary weapon) suddenly was missing inside the campaign-game, while at the same time the mission works fine when being launched from the techroom.

I search long to find that error, first I looked into FRED, changed ship-types for and back, resaved and renamed, but no go.
Then I redid the campaign-file (since it only fails in the campaign-game).

Finally I thought about, what else is related to the campaign, and it was the allslev-flag. I removed it from the launcher, and voila, my 3rd primary was there again. Then I put it back, and it was missing again :)

Now it's your turn to tell me why :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

A lot peeps are saying that u shouldn't be using the CVS build but if there ain't an RC5+ Linux build out there how am I supposed to use non-CVS then?

This is the reason why I use CVS builds in Ubuntu as explained in the Linux wiki http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Fs2_open_on_Linux

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
A lot peeps are saying that u shouldn't be using the CVS build but if there ain't an RC5+ Linux build out there how am I supposed to use non-CVS then?
Get CVS, but use the "fs2_open_3_6_9" tag to get the stable branch.  Then you'll have the current code for 3.6.9.

I just keep a "fs2_open" checkout, which is HEAD, and a "fs2_open_3_6_9" checkout which is the stable branch.  That way I can keep up with both branches easily.  You can (basicaly) just do a "cvs co -r fs2_open_3_6_9 -d fs2_open_3_6_9 fs2_open" to get the stable branch and put it in a directory called fs2_open_3_6_9.

So what exactly do I need to change in this script to get the latest non-cvs 3.6.9?

#!/bin/bash
# CVS Checkout and Update Script for fs2_open
CVS_LINE="cvs -d:pserver:anonymous:[email protected]:/home/fs2source/cvsroot" # The cvs command
if [ "$UID" = 0 ]; then # check if user is root, and if so, echo a warning.
   echo "You are root. If this is a checkout, all files \
   will be created with root as the owner."
   sleep 3
fi 
if [ -e ./fs2_open ]; then # check if directory fs2_open exists
   echo "Found fs2_open, We are updating an old checkout."
CVS_ATTEMPT=0 # This updates the checkout.
until [  $CVS_ATTEMPT = 1 ]; do
   $CVS_LINE login && \
   $CVS_LINE update fs2_open && \
   let CVS_ATTEMPT=1
done
else
   echo "No fs2_open found, This is a new checkout."
CVS_ATTEMPT=0 # This creates a new checkout.
   $CVS_LINE login && \
   $CVS_LINE co fs2_open && \
   let CVS_ATTEMPT=1
done
fi

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
#!/bin/bash
# CVS Checkout and Update Script for fs2_open
CVS_LINE="cvs -d:pserver:anonymous:[email protected]:/home/fs2source/cvsroot" # The cvs command
if [ "$UID" = 0 ]; then # check if user is root, and if so, echo a warning.
   echo "You are root. If this is a checkout, all files \
   will be created with root as the owner."
   sleep 3
fi 
if [ -e ./fs2_open ]; then # check if directory fs2_open exists
   echo "Found fs2_open, We are updating an old checkout."
CVS_ATTEMPT=0 # This updates the checkout.
   $CVS_LINE login && \
   $CVS_LINE update fs2_open && \
   let CVS_ATTEMPT=1
done
else
   echo "No fs2_open found, This is a new checkout."
CVS_ATTEMPT=0 # This creates a new checkout.
   $CVS_LINE login && \
   $CVS_LINE co fs2_open && \
   let CVS_ATTEMPT=1
done
fi

I think you need to replace the red line above with:
$CVS_LINE co -r "fs2_open_3_6_9" fs2_open && \

Then delete the fs2_open folder and run the script.

That did the trick.

Thnx alot pal.

i got this error when i try to compile

Code: [Select]
sound/ds.cpp: In function ‘int ds_init(int, int, unsigned int, short unsigned int)’:
sound/ds.cpp:1788: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘const ALubyte*’
sound/ds.cpp:1788: error:   initializing argument 1 of ‘ALboolean alIsExtensionPresent(const ALubyte*)’
make[1]: *** [ds.o] Error 1

what i have to do?
linux gamer