Author Topic: 2008-03-21 Trunk build  (Read 14134 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: 2008-03-21 Trunk build
The yardstick is whether or not the code responsible for the bug is in SVN. Taylor's xt builds have lots of code in them which isn't in SVN which means that is someone other than him looks at the bug they often find they can't reproduce it.

Goober doesn't mention having any features which need testing before they go into SVN which therefore means that pretty much any actual bug you hit should be in Mantis.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
@MP-Ryan: Again, mantis it?  ;)

Taylor has generally said not to Mantis Xt build bugs - I wasn't sure if the same when for these recent builds or not.
Yes, but you said that THIS BUILD (which is not just Taylor's own and not submitted code) suffers the issue.

Nevertherless, I think this issue is solved now.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
So...  Why doesn't this build support GLSL/Normal maps?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Because those aren't in the stable branch yet.  See the first post.

Offline neoterran

Ummm, OT but can us poor mac users get a build...? It's been 3 months already :|
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Ummm, OT but can us poor mac users get a build...? It's been 3 months already :|
I'm the only SCP person who makes them and I simply don't have enough time to do it for the foreseeable future.  I want to say that I will, but it ain't likely to happen anytime soon.

Feel free to make and post your own though.  If you want the code base for the Xt builds then send a PM my way and I'll give you a link.  You will pretty much be on your own regarding getting a working project file going in either case though.  The SVN project file is seriously out of date, and the current Xt project file requires modified system headers to compile.  :sigh:

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I'm the only SCP person who makes them and I simply don't have enough time to do it for the foreseeable future.  I want to say that I will, but it ain't likely to happen anytime soon.

Feel free to make and post your own though.  If you want the code base for the Xt builds then send a PM my way and I'll give you a link.  You will pretty much be on your own regarding getting a working project file going in either case though.  The SVN project file is seriously out of date, and the current Xt project file requires modified system headers to compile.  :sigh:

I've tried, but the XCode project file is really messed up and/or in need of major updating.  I would like to see a new mac build, there are some new features that I would really like to take advantage of, but if no one is around to build it and/or update the project file I understand.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/20080330_trunk-osx.tgz

:D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Three days is not within the foreseeable future?!? :p

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Three days is not within the foreseeable future?!? :p
Well, I didn't foresee it 3 days ago.  :D

I was just getting the project file usable, while working on other Mantis bugs, and a working set of builds was an unfortunate side-effect of the process. ;)