Author Topic: Test Build (Windows): 16 Dec 2009 - Based on Revision 5720  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Test Build (Windows): 16 Dec 2009 - Based on Revision 5720
Test Build (Windows): 16 Dec 2009 - Based on Revision 5720

Now includes (By Request): Voice Recognition, Text to Speech. (EDIT: Apparently -voicer is still broken, my apologies)

z-WIN-20091216_r5720-INF-SSE.7z
MD5Sum: 7207F4570CFA287722BFCBD2C0801733

z-WIN-20091216_r5720-INF-SSE2.7z
MD5Sum: A6F6473B137EBBACB1B1D9BE00A38EC4

The following patches were applied to this Test Build. They were applied and are dependant on being applied in the following order:
#1 5720-Warnings.patch
      Resolves under MSVC 2008 compiler Warnings for the /code/ directory. This requires the most testing under other platforms to make sure this introduces no breaks in compiling.
      Includes Hery's data for hopefully resolving Mac OS X compile issues (but does not include xcode updates, so please SHARE!)

#2 5712-PNG-Full.patch
      Adds .PNG file support. Now modified for generating no warnings under MSVC 2008. Also needs serious testing in other platforms, specifically operational testing for EFF support.

#3 5712-Brief_Text_Crayola.patch
      This one is entirely optional and is related to this post: Re: Briefing text coloring bug fix
      It does not contain pedros changes, it just merely adds more color string cases to the Briefing texts, and removes the Int3() crash for an unknown value.
      It will give a warning pop-up as well as an entry in the debug log for any undeclared or unused '$c' value being used.

Also: For testing with this build or in case folks don't already have them:
MediaVP SVN Unified Shaders with Hery's Post Processing shaders and default TBL.

All *.sdr files go in to either Freespace2\Data\Effects or Freespace2\Mediavps\Data\Effects
TBL goes in either Freespace2\Data\Tables or Freespace2\MediaVPs\Data\Tables
(or whatever your path setup is, you could even multi-mod if you want)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 06:05:25 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: Test Build (Windows): 16 Dec 2009 - Based on Revision 5720
Zacam had updated shader link in above post, I would suggest everyone to overwrite their shaders with those. Now works properly in Radeons too.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
FYI, to avoid possible confusion. Anti-aliasing does not work if post processing is enabled. I've heard this may work on some NVIDIA cards, but details are sketchy. On Radeons it doesn't work on 4000 series and earlier. 5000 series is unconfirmed.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
antialiasing doesnt work with postprocessing (referred to as PP in my post), from my experience. tested with an nVidia GTX260, pretty much no AA when using "enhance application settings" instead of "override app settings". tested only on windows and not as thoroughly as i'd like. to any who can help in this area, get the nHancer app first, and do all the AA and AF options through there, not through the nvidia CP. (this is on windows only, i cannot test on linux atm, since i'm not at home....)

this is probably due to the new FBO's used by PP, which the AA algorithm fails to catch, ergo... no AA. also needs further detailed testing, however AA and PP on ATi is right out of the question. the drivers are simply that crappy, sorry folks :(
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I have it working only when I don't use the -bloom command line option to set bloom intensity. That may be the reason why.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
antialiasing doesnt work with postprocessing (referred to as PP in my post), from my experience. tested with an nVidia GTX260, pretty much no AA when using "enhance application settings" instead of "override app settings". tested only on windows and not as thoroughly as i'd like. to any who can help in this area, get the nHancer app first, and do all the AA and AF options through there, not through the nvidia CP. (this is on windows only, i cannot test on linux atm, since i'm not at home....)

this is probably due to the new FBO's used by PP, which the AA algorithm fails to catch, ergo... no AA. also needs further detailed testing, however AA and PP on ATi is right out of the question. the drivers are simply that crappy, sorry folks :(

same here, never mind what kind of setting you select from the nvidia control panel, it doesn't work with bloom on, haven't tried with the other PP options so far.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Based on my experiences, anti-aliasing itself works, but post processing has some lighting effects that dismiss anti-aliasing and in some situations show up jagged edges against, say, thruster glows or some such. But I definitely didn't have jagged edges all over the place. I've seen similar situations in Mass Effect, where anti-aliasing did not affect the shader effects either if I recall correctly.

This was with 3.6.10+patch MediaVP shaders (plus post-processing shaders) though, not the new ones.

EDIT: Didn't use bloom command line switch either. :rolleyes:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.