Author Topic: Top pilots Chat Zone  (Read 8611 times)

There is one site with's provide mission, mods and weapons and that sort of thing's.  In here    
 :nod:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 07:55:32 am by 2725 »
Partolling outside Babylon 5 and looking for a beautiful space.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
The FreeSpace Volition Watch is pretty dead site. As you can see, last news is dated February 2004.

Here at HLP you can find more. Things are alive and rolling. :)
No surrender, no retreat.

That's ride but if you never visit site pefore. you find some good mission there to.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Well, that's true. :p
No surrender, no retreat.

If you want to find some babylon 5 tech information. Here is two good sites.

B5Tech.com

B5tech.net

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:16:54 am by 2725 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Many in this community have little fondness for that site.  They take any specifications and details listed with a pinch of salt, so to speak.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just for your information, B5Tech has pulled all detailed descriptions out of their hats. Unless you saw it in TV-show or movies, it is not canon. Books are semi-canon, except To Dream in the City of Sorrows which is canon.

Volition Watch is only working because the last renewal of it's DNS is still valid, won't be for long though. Volition Watch will cease to exist very soon, unless Telefraggged admins don't check on their hostings. Anyway, VW moved to HLP, that was an end of an era.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:43:24 am by 173 »

Offline Sparrow

Exactly, for example B5 Tech insists in the White Star Being 475m long.. thats hideously too big for it, its more 275 or so meters acording to footage.. if the Ws was 475m that would be almost one third of an Omega class and we saw one crashing against the launch bay of the Pollux..and almost fitted sideways..

also there is all that Hyperion-MidWinter-Roosvelt classes wich i still have no clear where they came when we are talking about the same class of ship

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Actually that 475m is an official size from the official ship size chart. However, it's only because in one episode it is seen to house two Minbari Nial fighters. Other than that, it's has been more like 250 meters in lenght.

And Midwinter class spawned after The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5 changed their DNS address to midwinter from old hyperion, about same time we saw a Hyperion firing beam weapon for the first time. That gave birth to Midwinter class, unofficially.

Offline Sparrow

Yeap, but Nials are very narrow, maybe 18-20m long but not more than 7 wide, a WS can house three Nials alongside wich makes the hanger some 25-30m and we are speaking of a 250-275m ship, that fits well for me..

For the tim Earl size charts i guess that he got them totally wrong.. some are ok like earth ships, Sharlins, G`Quans etc, but some ships, specialy Drakh ones are rubish, the Drakh battle-waggon according him is..  64kms long????? he´s mad!. :hopping:

In Crusade in the final eppisode a Battle Waggon can be seen and is not 20 times the Excalibur, and some Drakh cruisers can be leaving it, even the stupid 3km figure for Drakh standard cruiser the BW would be some 45kms long and those Drakh cruisers dont appear to be 3kms long (one can be in "War Zone" fighting an Omega, it appear to be smaller or same size as the Omega, so that could take down the BW from 64kms.. to... 23 maximum hehehe ;7

- For the midwinter.. yeap, i know the name of lurker´s guide is the font of both Hyperion and midwinter, but i dont know why when people saw the Clarkstown firing beam weapon they asume that is a new variant of Hyperions, for me even the first and original Hyperion could perfectly fire Beam Weapons, only because it didnt fire they in "a voice in the wilderness 2" it doesnt mean they have not them.. Omegas have a lot diferent weaponry also, we saw them firing beam weapons from the front and back , but in at least two ocassions we saw them firing beam weapons from the side turrets, one in "Messages from Earth" where the Aggy fires beam weapon from those turrets down to the WS , and second in "Point of no return" in the ISN footage an Omega can be firing beam weapon from another side turret..
is all a mess! :shaking:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by Sparrow

In Crusade in the final eppisode a Battle Waggon can be seen and is not 20 times the Excalibur, and some Drakh cruisers can be leaving it, even the stupid 3km figure for Drakh standard cruiser the BW would be some 45kms long and those Drakh cruisers dont appear to be 3kms long (one can be in "War Zone" fighting an Omega, it appear to be smaller or same size as the Omega, so that could take down the BW from 64kms.. to... 23 maximum hehehe ;7

There must be 2 classes of Drahk capital ships that share the same configuration.  If you remember just how big the one from "Lines Of Communication" was, you'll recall how the Whitstars were skin-dancing over the surface of it for some time.  It must have been about 2-3K long.  The one from "War Zone" and pretty much all other Drahk capital ships (besides the mega mothership) would be perhaps a bit larger than a Hyperion in my guess.  That still makes the "battlewagon" one hell of a big ship, but perhaps not 64K.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Sparrow

Yes, the Drakh ship in "Lines" was states as a Carrier, for carring Drakh raiders (150m?) and compared to the WS is really big, almost 10kms or so. And stupidly non.armed sinze a sigle WS took it off.. but it appear that almost all of we agree that the Drakh standard cruiser is not 3kms long as Tim Earls says, same as the Drakh BattleWaggon and same as the White Star.

Also funny is the size of the Excalibur, Tim Earls says 3km but Gideon in "War Zone" says 2km.. hard to say.. they say that it was a huge ship and in 2kms it would be same long as a Warlock and less than 300m more than an Omega, so the 3km would be more logical. But again the size of the ship is not only lenght, maybe is 2kms long but appears really big being a lot tall and wide for the gravitic fins, like the Sharlin or Avioki

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
How many capital ships are needed to nail a Sharlin?
Yes. to detroy the dreaded Mimbari Warcruiser how many are required?

4 Hyperion's, Vorchan's, Avioki's and Th'nor's are no match for this beast...  
:)
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Sparrow

Wrong.. only one Nova with kamikaze crew is enought ;7

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
True, but it is a rather expensive way...
Sometimes a commander wouldn't have enough battleships...
On the other hand, if you don't have a choice, it's quite reliable...  :lol:
"Another fellow pilot"

The best way is attack for behind. All the ship's have more weapons on the front but low in the bag. Iven one nova is for the job. Like starfury battle, it's grasy to attack fase to fase then rater be other's tail.  :yes:

Offline Sparrow

Well.. Omegas seem to be as good or  even better armed behind than in the front.

Why Sheridan ordered the Aggy to ram that Aegis platform when all he had to do was turn the ship and go backwards to the G.O.D firing the rear beam weapons :D

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
There was time pressure involved. The platform had to be destroyed before it could fire. Turning Omega around with manouvering thrusters so small we cant even see them... Takes about ten times longer than simply go and ram it...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

If some wand to try some hard missions on the babylon 5 missions. Try the Earth-Minbari war demo on medium level. that's hard. I try the hard but die almoust instint. Aim only get try with medium level but trying the hard. Maybe after that the insene, but aim dout aim cant win that battle.

Tz... everybody's throwing around with skill leves :rolleyes:
I have never been able to get past the lion at the door (first knossos appearance) mission on anything higher than easy :D

Yes, I am a crappy pilot, I admit it