Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

What animes/series are you watching right now?

<< < (3/407) > >>

Droid803:

--- Quote from: Bobboau on September 23, 2012, 11:17:34 pm ---SAO, is it any good, I read the synopsis and it seemed like just another "you die in the game YOU DIE IRL!!!OMGFTW!!!" show.

on the other hand I have been very unsatisfied with anime this season, and last season I barely found anything good so I suppose it's not like I have anything better to watch.

--- End quote ---

SAO i'm ... iffy about. It's really predictable and cheesy at points and lol random drama, but it's still got a nice setting. Though lately its been focusing on a bit too much cyber-sex/flirting/DRAMA and not enough boss raiding. Uhm...I'll be generous and 7/10.

Fall Season will be watching:
- PYSCHO-PASS. Urobuchi Gen is a cool dude. Bad Ends and Suffering YES PLZ.
- Jormungand. moardakka

Maybes:
- Robotics;Notes. The source is probably awesome (i have faith in 5bp/nitroplus), but the adaptation can be hit (S;G) or miss (C;H)...so whoknows
- Little Busters. because they somehow managed to make all the characters look like creepy soulless zombies.
- Code Breaker. Read the manga for a bit then forgot about it and now its back. Maybe if it doesn't *go on forever*
- Seitokai no Ichizon(2). WHY DID THEY CHANGE 2 SEIYUU. D:

LordVerex:
I am so lost.... but in the spirit of the topic, lots n lots of combat history docu's, propaganda and training video's. note taking has wrecked my fingers already

Madrox:

--- Quote from: Droid803 on September 24, 2012, 01:41:32 am ---
--- Quote from: Bobboau on September 23, 2012, 11:17:34 pm ---SAO, is it any good, I read the synopsis and it seemed like just another "you die in the game YOU DIE IRL!!!OMGFTW!!!" show.

on the other hand I have been very unsatisfied with anime this season, and last season I barely found anything good so I suppose it's not like I have anything better to watch.

--- End quote ---

SAO i'm ... iffy about. It's really predictable and cheesy at points and lol random drama, but it's still got a nice setting. Though lately its been focusing on a bit too much cyber-sex/flirting/DRAMA and not enough boss raiding. Uhm...I'll be generous and 7/10.

Fall Season will be watching:
- PYSCHO-PASS. Urobuchi Gen is a cool dude. Bad Ends and Suffering YES PLZ.
- Jormungand. moardakka

Maybes:
- Robotics;Notes. The source is probably awesome (i have faith in 5bp/nitroplus), but the adaptation can be hit (S;G) or miss (C;H)...so whoknows
- Little Busters. because they somehow managed to make all the characters look like creepy soulless zombies.
- Code Breaker. Read the manga for a bit then forgot about it and now its back. Maybe if it doesn't *go on forever*
- Seitokai no Ichizon(2). WHY DID THEY CHANGE 2 SEIYUU. D:

--- End quote ---

Jormungand is to me, the spiritual successor of Black Lagoon.
awesome anime.

Mikes:

--- Quote from: An4ximandros on September 24, 2012, 12:08:13 am ---Do yourself a favor and end it on the Second Season, that ending is miles better than the "make it up as you go" third and fourth seasons.

--- End quote ---

Alternatively... if you can t stop it at the 2nd season.... for the love of god do stop it before watching the second half of the "final" season.

The half season "finale" was about as perfect as an ending for the show could have gotten imho.

Dark RevenantX:
For Sword Art Online you should really just read the light novels (the anime, as said before, is a solid 7/10 when taken from the whole -- which includes future episodes).  It flows better and makes a lot more sense.  And don't skip the side stories; some of them have extremely important plot points.

Accel World (complete as of now, at least for this season) is pretty damn good.  8/10 at least, sometimes crossing into 9/10 territory.  The protagonist is also a hell of an anti-Sue, which is always nice.  I still don't know why Accel World is better than SAO, considering they're both anime adaptations of light novels written by the same person, but whatever.

Continuing the light novel trend, Fate/Zero (100% complete now) was pretty good as well.  A solid 8/10, though a few moments are just 10/10 spectacular.  Just don't try watching it if you've never seen and/or played Fate/Stay Night, since a lot of stuff won't make any sense.  After all, the light novel was written as a Forgone Conclusion type of story, seeing as it's a prequel to the Fate/Stay Night visual novel.  Edit: Watch the blu-ray version!  It includes a lot of cut and censored content and runs something like two hours longer than the TV version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version