Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

What animes/series are you watching right now?

<< < (407/407)

Det. Bullock:
Zeta Gundam goes way too overboard with the force sensitives newtypes in its last stretch, I almost expected Camille to shout "for the honor of Greyskull" or have some of the disenbodied voices say "use the Force, Camille!" which is a very odd contrast with the rest of the anime which is otherwise military sci-fi.
I wouldn't have minded if they kept it more lowkey like in Mobile Suit Gundam but here newtypes can apparently generate force fields impervious to conventional weapons.
I'll probably just watch Char's Counterattack and leave it there.

manwiththemachinegun:

--- Quote from: RangerKarl on February 22, 2021, 04:14:16 am ---rewatching Macross Frontier to review some technology worldbuilding, and man if Sheryl isn't The Most Powerful I'll eat my hat.

--- End quote ---

Frontier is the strongest Macross in years, maybe ever.

Det. Bullock:
I've finished Space Battleship Yamato 2199 mostly because the original version Italian dub has kept the US adaptation and I hate the adaptations that try to "westernize" names on principle. Of the original I had vague memories of seeing an episode once, probably a rerun on one of those local TV networks that could be seen only intermittently from my island.
I liked it but really they should have let the women crewmembers have uniforms instead of painted-on bodysuits, it's almost like they had to have a fanservice quota even for episodes that were too serious for the usual anime gags.

manwiththemachinegun:

--- Quote from: Dark Hunter on September 24, 2012, 11:18:40 am ---Just finished with Gundam AGE yesterday. Very disappointing ending. The writing could really have been a lot better, and there was a general lack of a climactic duel.

Now, I think I'll catch up on Axis Powers Hetalia (I'm in the mood for some random silliness), and after that... I have no idea. There isn't really much on currently I'm too interested in. I might try out Full Metal Panic because I've heard it's pretty good. Or maybe Elfen Lied, which I keep wanting to watch but for some reason never seem to...

I've also pre-ordered Hellsing Ultimate vols 5 - 8, but those don't come out until November. The first two Madoka movies are premiering in select US theaters in about a month, so I might try to catch those as well.

I did just purchase Super Robot Wars Z, so maybe I'll play that in the meantime. I don't speak Japanese, but with a kanji dictionary at my side I think I can get the gist of it.

--- End quote ---

Now that Gundam Unicorn tho, that's the good stuff.

Scourge of Ages:
I may be a bit late to the party, but I finally watched A Place Further than the Universe. It's easily one of the best-looking anime series I've ever seen, and the story and everything else was also great; I may have teared up a little at a point or three...

Also, new seasons of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime and My Hero Academia continue to be very entertaining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version