Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305210 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Crap...now all the spoilers are naked. :p

(Until you pull a force-refresh, that is.)

Watched Diebuster again. Still not as good as the original Gunbuster, but I love all the callbacks to the original in this series.

"Fluctuating Gravity Well" is up there in terms of strangest monster names I've ever heard, though. Sounds better than "Space Monster", I guess.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
They just called them that because that was how they initially detected it. They didn't know it was a monster at first. IIRC.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Yeah, I realize that.

Also, is it just me or were the Fluctuating Gravity Wells a lot scarier than the Space Monsters of Gunbuster? I don't remember any of them screaming, or being anywhere near that powerful.

Maybe it's just because
Spoiler:
mankind's technology has degraded so much that even one Monster is capable of devastating them... when in ages past they could fight off swarms of billions... really throws into relief the sheer power of degeneracy reactors.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:57:13 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Yeah, I like to think it was done to make the first war seem that much more epic and to elevate Noriko and Onee-sama's accomplishments.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
A group of other CS grad students and I are watching Moyashimon Returns, Gurren Lagann, Darker Than Black, Natsume Yujin-cho, and Samurai Champloo.

Just started "A Certain Magical Index", which I've heard a lot about.

So far it's interesting. But if I'm reading up on the series correctly, it's yet another one that doesn't get through the original source?  :rolleyes:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Trying to work through my fairly-substantial DVD backlog, and the current target is Mushi-shi.  The first episode fits what I've heard about it, which is almost all good stuff.  It reminds me a little bit of Kino's Journey.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

So far it's interesting. But if I'm reading up on the series correctly, it's yet another one that doesn't get through the original source?  :rolleyes:

There are currently 26 main novels, the two seasons cover 13 of them.

Also, Accelerator is a badass among badasses.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Are they planning to adapt the full 26 novels, or just halt at season 2? Or is this not known?

Also, Accelerator is OP as all get-out. At least, from what I've heard. He still hasn't actually shown up as far as I've watched.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Are they planning to adapt the full 26 novels, or just halt at season 2? Or is this not known?

Also, Accelerator is OP as all get-out. At least, from what I've heard. He still hasn't actually shown up as far as I've watched.

No idea regarding a 3rd season.

I kinda want to see a To Aru Badass no Accelerator spin off. His rants against his opponents are just epic in the novels.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs

There are currently 26 main novels, the two seasons cover 13 of them.

Also, Accelerator is a badass among badasses.

Light novels are meh in my opinion, but yes Accelerator is badass and follows in House's curmudgeon mentality :D
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Watching Seitokai Yakuindomo, nice enough anime. Does anyone have other suggestions of similar shows? Slice of life, comedy stuff.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Recently started watching Gravity Falls.  How did I not find this show before?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Watching Seitokai Yakuindomo, nice enough anime. Does anyone have other suggestions of similar shows? Slice of life, comedy stuff.

Plenty of that, though none as uh...filled with just innuendo and not actually explicit scenes.

Well uh...I've never really done recommendations before but in said genre I can say I found these ones similar and really liked them:
Seitokai no Ichizon (second season of this is airing soon! /excite)
Yuru Yuri (second season just finished! /cry)

your mileage may vary, much less crude jokes, so possibly much less funny (or just funny in a different way).
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
World of Tanks The Anime

Girls und Panzer

First episode didn't have much tanks except for the teaser scenes with a bad frame rate before the OP. Just like in the first manga chapter.
There should be more when the series goes further, but I don't really know since I haven read any more than the first chapter.
Habeeb it...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm still trying to figure out how people are watching that...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

Plenty of that, though none as uh...filled with just innuendo and not actually explicit scenes.

Well uh...I've never really done recommendations before but in said genre I can say I found these ones similar and really liked them:
Seitokai no Ichizon (second season of this is airing soon! /excite)
Yuru Yuri (second season just finished! /cry)

your mileage may vary, much less crude jokes, so possibly much less funny (or just funny in a different way).

Well, going with "Slice of Life/Comedy", I love Working!! (Just watching the second season of it with the girlfriend)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle

Cute girls and Tanks... what else could be the reasons? A somewhat odd combination I agree, but I've heard worse.
Habeeb it...

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Cute girls and Tanks... what else could be the reasons? A somewhat odd combination I agree, but I've heard worse.

Like cute girls and heli-legs.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.