Community Projects > Translations

[Release (0.6.3)] NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface

<< < (4/15) > >>

Achille44:
Nice :) I am now working to include my translation.

Achille44:
Here is my French translation adapted to ntp. So far it's working quite well. I just reduced the size of the Main font to 14 on my side as it was closer to the original.

However, I found several bugs during my tests:
- "Error: EINVAL: String error" when trying to access the Mission Simulator menu.
- Mission SM1-02 can't be loaded.
- Some dialogues are not triggered in several missions, especially in SM1-03.
- In training missions, "Invalid UTF-8" errors appear when trying to display some shortkeys (when the key name includes special characters).
- The target's hull integrity below the reticle is not centered.
- In most missions, the translations of alt ship class (for ntf ships) are not displayed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Novachen:
Mh, interesting.

Have to say, that i playtested only some missions, but not all of them. (But started everyone) Seems, that i left out the training missions completely :/.
Actually i have no idea why some dialogues are not triggered, as i did not changed anything at them.  :confused:

For the not loading mission, only explaination could be that the said mission slipped in from my own Development Branch into the release one in preparation of the 0.2 package.

Will look into that tomorrow, as i have to release a new version with the french translation. Thanks for it.

Novachen:
Some specific response.

--- Quote ---I just reduced the size of the Main font to 14 on my side as it was closer to the original.
--- End quote ---

Mhh? reduced to 14? My own fonts.tbl was 14 already?!
Maybe i packed the wrong table in the package...  :wtf:

--- Quote ---- "Error: EINVAL: String error" when trying to access the Mission Simulator menu.
--- End quote ---

I can not confirm that. No idea. Did not have this problem with your files. :confused:

--- Quote ---Mission SM1-02 can't be loaded.
--- End quote ---
Confirmed and fixed.

--- Quote ---Some dialogues are not triggered in several missions, especially in SM1-03.
--- End quote ---

Confirmed. Seems that this only effects #Command messages in some missions. Have to say, that this is not caused by NTP. Looks more like a bug in the "Override #Command in event messages" flag. The game already freaks out if i activate this flag for MVP4X SM1-03. Does not seem to work with the Scramble Mission flag. In other missions, that feature worked however.
I think i will go back to Variable Translation for #Command like i did in previous translations until this feature is fixed. Fortunately i have enough placeholders for non-mission-specific text :).

--- Quote ---In training missions, "Invalid UTF-8" errors appear when trying to display some shortkeys (when the key name includes special characters).
--- End quote ---
Good catch... can confirm that and yes, i got this exactly for a training message were i rebinded a function to a special character key (ö in my case).
Never noticed that, because german does not use controls in the training missions that were binded to special characters by default... but does not looks like i am able to fix that. I did not get a crash after i deleted the [Press $key$] entry in the training message however. Unicode-mode bug maybe?
Controls seem to be problematic, as special character keys are invisible in the settings at all.

--- Quote ---The target's hull integrity below the reticle is not centered.
--- End quote ---
Mh, that reason is simple because a different font and size is used. Japanese looks different in this case also. But well, could be fixed by a EFGIS and Japanese specific hud-table. Maybe it will be included into 0.3.

--- Quote ---In most missions, the translations of alt ship class (for ntf ships) are not displayed.
--- End quote ---
Interestingly... i only encountered that in SM1-03 too, where this problem seems to be connected with the other problem said above.

Novachen:
I have uploaded an update.

This should nearly fix all reported issues. Also the french translation was included.
Only problem left is, that the game will crash if a "special character" key is used for a function that is covered by the Training Missions. So play Training Missions with the default key configuration or simple skip them.

Changelog:
• Inclusion of the French translation files.
• Version 1.2.1-NTP of the Language Selector is included, which actually replaced the "english" with a "default" setting as it is theoretically possible, that another english translation could be present later (British English i.e.). So default is used, to disable any translation.
• Some changes in the mv_root-hdg.tbm, so that the other values from the font.tbl are correctly used.
• Changed a Value in the NTP AI Profile which should fix the error of missing text.
• SM1-02 can now be played.
• Translateable variables are now correctly used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version