Community Projects > Translations

[Release (0.6.3)] NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface

<< < (8/15) > >>

Novachen:
Some news :).

Due to recent developments, the development of Version 0.6 will take longer, as it tends to be the biggest update yet.
Next to some mission fixes, i encountered during my playthrough and the already announced Operation Templar campaign as a new addition, there will be actually two(!) whole new languages for NTP.
That means, that you will be able to experience at least the FreeSpace 2 Main Campaign in 7 languages.

The implementation and some tests will take a while, though.

ferlanero:
Hi friends,

I have been playing Free Space since it was originally released. Then I enjoyed so much all the stuff this great community does with the release of the code. Yesterday, looking at the mod database I found this NTP great Mod (thanks for release it) but... I can't figure how to change the game to Spanish after installing the mod. Could someone please point and help me how to select the Spanish language for Free Space? Yesterday I was reading the NTP thread on this forum, searching in internet, and looking all around the Knossos interface, but still no luck :( How can I change language using NTP? Is there any how-to? Thanks in advance!

Novachen:
Knossos does not support languages, that are not supported by retail, at least right now.

So you have to change to spanish manually.

So, you can use my Language Selector for that, which should even work without any extraction, or you go to the folder %appdata%/HardLightProductions/FreeSpaceOpen and open the file fs2open.ini with Notepad(++).

There should be a "Language=" entry, you have to change to Language=Spanish.
Is there none, you have to add it in the [Default] segment.

ferlanero:

--- Quote from: Novachen on April 16, 2021, 04:14:54 am ---Knossos does not support languages, that are not supported by retail, at least right now.

So, you can use my Language Selector for that, which should even work without any extraction, or you go to the folder %appdata%/HardLightProductions/FreeSpaceOpen and open the file fs2open.ini with Notepad(++).

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for your answer! But I´m afraid I have no fs2open.ini and your program only shows as available Gernan & English languages :( Is there any more I could do?

Oh I forget. Knossos automatically installed FreeSpaceOpen in C:/Games/FreeSpaceOpen and there are "bin" "FS2" & "temp" folders. I don´t know if this could help...

Novachen:

--- Quote from: ferlanero on April 16, 2021, 04:27:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: Novachen on April 16, 2021, 04:14:54 am ---Knossos does not support languages, that are not supported by retail, at least right now.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for your answer! But I´m afraid I have no fs2open.ini and your program only shows as available Gernan & English languages :( Is there any more I could do?

Oh I forget. Knossos automatically installed FreeSpaceOpen in C:/Games/FreeSpaceOpen and there are "bin" "FS2" & "temp" folders. I don´t know if this could help...

--- End quote ---

Nope, only the user interface of the program is english or german, which should be obvious ( :confused: ) as the first selection talks about program language and not about game language in the first place.
After that initial selection, you can select the game language.
Your lack of faith is disturbing :lol:. As i had set up this whole thing, you can be sure, that you are able to change the language into spanish with the methods i mention here.

No, the fs2open.ini is in your appdata\roaming folder as mentioned. Only exception is, if you activated portable mode in your global FSO flags, which is very unlikely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version