Community Projects > Translations

[Release (0.6.3)] NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface

<< < (10/15) > >>

Novachen:
Well, it was quite a journey, but after 12 months i was able to release an update for this  :lol:.

Changelog for 0.5.1
• MediaVPs 4.5.1 compatibility!
• Updated Japanese translation by Soy Sauce.
• Fixed spanish translation for the mission SM3-01 "Bearbaiting".
• NTP uses the tabled strings for the default language setting now. So english behaves now like any other language and can be customized via the string files.
• Jump Nodes in missions are now also translateable.
• Deleted the NTP AI profile as all former changes are now enabled by default within FSO.
• Get rid of most enhancements within the missions from 2367: Supernova & FreeSpace: Blue, as their experience was too far away from retail.
• Some smaller enhancements like bugfixes however are still present.
• The language selector is now part of the root package on Knossos.

wookieejedi:
Great to have an update!

Novachen:
Version 0.6 is somewhat on the way, even slowly. It will include another campaign with the Operation Templar, for Single Player of course.
Most prominent addition however will be the inclusion of two other languages: Polish and Italian.

Yesterday i have finished another step for the proper integration of them: An own Font.
Polish has some characters, that are not present in the default character set of Bank Gothic.
So i created an own one, which is based on the standard Bank Gothic, but uses some characters from its clones like Bank Sans or Squarish Sans. Practically you will do not see any difference in the game between the default and the additional characters. A simple switch to Bank Sans or Squarish Sans was however not possible, as i found out, that they lack few characters from the spanish language :lol:.
So this own font simple includes everything so far.

The reason behind this is easy: I do not have to offer a specific language package then.

So i am thinking about, how to bring that even a step further and to include the Japanese Characters as well.
That would ensure, that we do not have to fiddle around with different language packages at all and that you can switch freely between languages with the same mod files.

My question is, anyone know a font which has a similar style to Bank Gothic Medium, but support Japanese letters instead? The style of the japanese letters in the font from the Japanese package are way too different to include them in my opinion.
I am asking, because... maybe someone has an idea? :)

Novachen:
Polish integration is complete and is also supported now (or to better say, will be in 0.6) :).
On that way i also fixed some errors in the official polish translation like wrong ship names, system names or that they called the Rebels Shivans sometimes  :D

After i heard so much bad things about the polish translation i have to say, that at least the text one is surprisingly accurate. Maybe it has its reputation because of the voice actors, then. However this mod is intended to be played with the original english voices.

So, Italian is next.

wookieejedi:
Nice job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version