Archived Boards > Adversary

Adversary 1.0 + checkpoints beta

<< < (3/6) > >>

Colonol Dekker:
Is there any footage of this anywhere?

General Battuta:
The nav computer reboot on Mission 2 seems to be tied to killing raiders, not time. Unfortunately I had no boolets so I was just lefting dogfighting impotently until I died :(

General Battuta:
Combat in this is so satisfying!

However the attritive hull damage gets frustrating given how many raiders you have to take on alone. And the lack of a checkpoint after the long tedious mine destruction in Mission 3 is harsh!

General Battuta:
I want to continue to love this but dying to a bunch of unavoidable chip damage at the end of a reaaaaally looooong mission with a bunch of unskippable scripted sequences sucks. Checkpoints! It would be really easy to have a checkpoint after every FTL jump.

Only ended up doing Mission 3 by cheating to destroy all the mines (because it was so tedious killing them all manually every time I died and restarted). Now thinking about the same on Mission 4, takes so long just to get to the actual fight.

adversarygame:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on December 09, 2020, 10:16:48 pm ---
Only ended up doing Mission 3 by cheating to destroy all the mines (because it was so tedious killing them all manually every time I died and restarted).

--- End quote ---

Recommended difficulty level is "Normal".
Destroying the minefield may seem somewhat repetitive if you die frequently, but you do have the option of time compression to speed things up.

--- Quote from: General Battuta on December 09, 2020, 10:16:48 pm ---Checkpoints! It would be really easy to have a checkpoint after every FTL jump.

--- End quote ---

If I added checkpoints it would certainly make things easier for you, but it would also remove any sense of accomplishment you may have after completing a mission at it's intended difficulty level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version