Author Topic: Emediate Crash  (Read 4821 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
There are no mediavps in there.  Make sure that the mod.ini in the blueplanet folder has this line:

Code: [Select]
secondarylist=mediavps;
and that MV_Complete.vp is in freespace2/mediavps

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Thanks. Here go contents of my mod.ini file placed in \blueplanet

They are the same as the one in \mediavps

[launcher]
image255x112 = FSU-MVP.bmp;
infotext     = Freespace II - 3.6.10 MediaVPs;
website      = http://www.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,120.0.html;

[multimod]
primarylist  = D:\Games\FreeSpace2\blueplanet;
secondarylist = D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps;

Your mod.ini file is messed up. It should be something like this:
Code: [Select]
[launcher]
modname      = Blue Planet;
image255x112 = FSU-MVP.bmp;
infotext     = ;
website      = http://blueplanet.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,120.0.html;

[multimod]
secondarylist = mediavps;

Primarylist is almost never used in mod.ini.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Aye.

Primary mod list puts a mod folder before the mod that is activated on the MOD tab. It's not a widely used feature, but for example, Silent Threat Reborn requires the following order on the command line tag:

-mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps

So this could be done on a mod.ini buy setting the fsport-mediavps as the primary mod (red), in addition to fsport and mediavps on the secondary mods (blue). This would cause the game to set the fsport-mediavps first in the -mod command line, then the selected mod (fsport-str aka Silent Threat Reborn), then the secondary mods. Usually most mods just put the mediavps in the secondary mod line, which is what BluePlanet should do as well.

You can use the -mod command line manually to enforce any mod dir on the FreeSpace directory to be used. In fact, I personally find it a lot better than using mod.ini files, but either method works when they are made to work. :p

You could try just writing -mod BluePlanet,mediavps and see what happens.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

thank you all a lot, will try this out ASAP.

Offline Darius

Alternatively you could try downloading the 3.6.10 testing version of the campaign, which as far as I know runs better on 3.6.10 builds than the first release.

got it working, thank you all for help!  :yes:

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Also, it appears that the Windows Launcher fails at parsing hyphens on mod names from mod.ini files. Direct Command line input to Custom field works, but if there's a hyphen on the mod name, it can't be used on the mod.ini multimod lists. So if you ever see the following warning: "Invalid MOD ini mulitple mod parameter, only -mod calls are allowed", look for hyphens in the mod names.

Replacing the hyphen with an underscore makes it work, but I think this could be considered a mild Launcher bug since the game apparently has no problems with hyphens as long as they are contained to the mod name without space in front of them. Because the mod command line -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps works fine, it should work from the mod.inis as well, so I think it's a command line parsing error on Launcher's behalf.

Does the Launcher have its own Mantis?
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It's not just the Windows Launcher, Herra; even using hyphens in a mod.ini read by the OS X Launcher gives the occasional problem. The best solution by far is to either replace the hyphens with underscores, or to remove them altogether.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?