Author Topic: Total strength of GTA, PVE and GTVA  (Read 24672 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: Total strength of GTA, PVE and GTVA
That's all we can ask for: educated guesses.

It's not amazingly hard.

Well, since we don't have canon figures, we can only take the closest values, right?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
There were 19 876 destroyers, for each destroyer there were an average of 39 corvettes and for each corvette there was an average of 128 cruisers. There were also 17 collosuses. Each destroyer had an average of 99 840 fighters and bombers.

17 colossus
19 876 destroyers
775 164 corvettes
99 220 992 cruisers
1 984 419 840 fighters and bombers.

It's true  :nod: I hypothetically made a campaign about it  :nod:.
You forgot the wings from the Colossi. :lol:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
At the start of the rebellion, the NTF had enough warships and fighters to slug it out with the GTVA. However, by The Sixth Wonder, the NTF has resorted to guerilla tactics because they lost many good ships. By Endgame, they only have the Grall, Alexandria and Iceni.

Why wouldn't the NTF use guerrilla tactics from the very beginning?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
At the start of the rebellion, the NTF had enough warships and fighters to slug it out with the GTVA. However, by The Sixth Wonder, the NTF has resorted to guerilla tactics because they lost many good ships. By Endgame, they only have the Grall, Alexandria and Iceni.

Why wouldn't the NTF use guerrilla tactics from the very beginning?

Defined battle lines, large number of supporters, difficulty in sneaking behind enemy lines?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Guerrilla tactics can be employed by a very limited number of wings of Lokis. That was doable.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I would think the better question would be why doesn't the GTVA employ guerrilla tactics?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Can you really employ guerrilla tactics if you don't know if there are friendlies mixed in with the rebels?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
True...that's a good point. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Can you really employ guerrilla tactics if you don't know if there are friendlies mixed in with the rebels?

Obviously you wouldn't send friendlies into areas you're about to attack.. guerillaly.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Well, it's pretty easy to spot a friendly from a hostile when they have IFF, a big ship has lots of armour to take down (and a lot of talking can be done in the time it takes to blow it up) and can't really be killed accidentally like in ground warfare (eg. bombing large tracks of land)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
What about fighters and bombers?

Offline eliex

Well, it's pretty easy to spot a friendly from a hostile when they have IFF, a big ship has lots of armour to take down (and a lot of talking can be done in the time it takes to blow it up) and can't really be killed accidentally like in ground warfare (eg. bombing large tracks of land)

Sudden in-mission defections like Zeta wing in ST:R?  :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There's the other problem of traitors being singled out during the battle. Remember Rebels & Renegades? Because Admiral Ahmose attacked the Iceni, Alpha 1 and Snipes had no choice but to defend the Iceni and kill the Vasudan fighters working for the GTVA.

Quote from: Lieutenant-Commander Christopher Snipes, Debriefing for Rebels & Renegades
Under the circumstances, we had little choice but to open fire or blow the entire operation.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
but they were renegades...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Even so, they were flying the GTVA's flag. Whether they were renegades or not does not really matter, because if the Vasudans did not make an attempt to kill the player and Snipes, both pilots will be killed by the NTF, and if both pilots did not attack the GTVA, they will STILL be killed by the NTF. Hence, the only way that Alpha 1 and Snipes could remain undercover was to act like an NTF pilot at that time and kill the Vasudans attacking the Iceni. If the Vasudans weren't renegades, it'll be almost as bad as Silence All Voices in ST and ST:R, where you had no choice but to kill both the innocent and the guilty.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Kie99

Even so, they were flying the GTVA's flag. Whether they were renegades or not does not really matter, because if the Vasudans did not make an attempt to kill the player and Snipes, both pilots will be killed by the NTF, and if both pilots did not attack the GTVA, they will STILL be killed by the NTF. Hence, the only way that Alpha 1 and Snipes could remain undercover was to act like an NTF pilot at that time and kill the Vasudans attacking the Iceni. If the Vasudans weren't renegades, it'll be almost as bad as Silence All Voices in ST and ST:R, where you had no choice but to kill both the innocent and the guilty.

If they weren't renegades they wouldn't have attacked.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If they weren't renegades they wouldn't have attacked.
Unless of course there was a massive intelligence sharing blunder.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It says in the debrief that Admiral Khamos (Or whatever the hell his name is) knew specifically what was going on.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
It says in the debrief that Admiral Khamos (Or whatever the hell his name is) knew specifically what was going on.
Ahmose :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I know, I was just posing a hypothetical situation.