Author Topic: aRRG! Please assist.  (Read 1666 times)

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...
aRRG! Please assist.
I am having a horrible recurring problem with flipped normals in my models. Everything I try to construct seems to have them, and I can't figure out why. No matter how good they look in Truespace, by the time I have them in ModelView they're 50% transparent. Even simple cylinders develop them sometimes when I cob2pof them. Segeltouch won't open my POFs for some unknown reason, so I can't use the face-flipping tool there, does anybody have ANY idea what the )(*&$ is going on with this? Is this a common problem? Is there some technique you guys use while constructing the wireframes to avoid flipped normals?
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
did you make it OUT of one subobject (out meaning you didn't cheat by useing bouliens or some little format trick),

try makeing them entierly out of triangles

------------------
Bobboau, bringing you products that work.............. in theory
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...
It is made entirely out of one object. Please understand, I can make a CYLINDER out of circle extruded four times and closed off at both ends and sometimes it has flipped normals. I don't even know how to use boolean joins or any crap like that. its one contiguous wireframe mesh. Triangulating it in truespace before I texture it doesnt seem to matter, the new faces are just as flipped as the old ones.
If it aint broke, break it!