Author Topic: Objecttypes.tbl new Class  (Read 1339 times)

Offline yomi

Objecttypes.tbl new Class
I made new Class in Objectypes.tbl "Mobile". Idea was, that ship with this class, would be treated as cruisers by ships (ships would use "huge" weapons on it, and capital ships could pursue this ship), but it could perform task that all fighter could do. It works well with one exception. Big ships can pursue this ship class, but still can't fire Huge weapons. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Code: [Select]
$Name: Mobile
$Counts for Alone: YES
$Praise Destruction: YES
$On Hotkey List: YES
$Target as Threat: YES
$Show Attack Direction: YES
$Max Debris Speed: 150
$FF Multiplier: 1.0
$EMP Multiplier: 0.9
$Beams Easily Hit: YES
$Protected on cripple: NO
$Fog:
+Start dist: 10.0
+Compl dist: 600.0
$AI:
+Valid goals: ( "fly to ship" "attack ship" "attack wing" "dock" "waypoints" "waypoints once" "depart" "undock" "stay still" "play dead" "stay near ship" "attack any" "guard wing" "evade ship" )
+Accept Player Orders: YES
+Player Orders: ( "attack ship" "depart" )
+Auto attacks: YES
+Attempt Broadside: NO
+Actively Pursues: ( "fighter" "bomber" "transport" "Mobile" "freighter" "awacs" "gas miner" "cruiser" "corvette" "capital" "super cap" "drydock" "knossos device" )
+Guards attack this: YES
+Turrets attack this: YES
+Can Form Wing: YES
+Passive docks: ( "support" )
+Ignored on cripple by: ( "navbuoy" "sentry gun" "Mobile" "escape pod" "cargo" "support" "stealth" "fighter" "bomber" "fighter/bomber" "transport" "freighter" "awacs" "gas miner" "cruiser" "corvette" "capital" "super cap" "drydock" "knossos device" )
$Vaporize Percent Chance: 0.0
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:22:56 am by yomi »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Objecttypes.tbl new Class
begs the question how does the "Huge" flag work in the weapons table, is it hard coded to certain ship types?  I ask because the wording in the wiki is
Allows this weapon to do the final 10% damage to a ship with the "Big Damage" flag. Also the AI will not try to hit fighters with it.
I would read that to be that it wont attack ships flagged with fighter (or possibly bomber) but this that the case?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I am pretty sure you can't reliably create new classes in that table yet?  Wanderer had worked on extending its functionality enough to allow that, but I didn't think it was recommended yet.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

i have created a new class on my objecttypes.tbl for my startrek mod, that partially allows me to have capital ships fly like fighters without being retarded