Author Topic: Freespace Open Trailer  (Read 50014 times)

Re: Freespace Open Trailer
True. I just wanted to explain to him that there are many possible explanations for people not buying from GOG.com apart from them being cheap bastards.

Ok, where were we? Ah, yes! Beautiful Arcadia. Who did the model?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Let's not forget that there are people in the world whose internet connection will not allow them to download a multi-gigabyte game (which is what you're getting if you want FSO).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline crizza

Since I play around with the video myself.
Is the Lucifer invulnarable?

True. I just wanted to explain to him that there are many possible explanations for people not buying from GOG.com apart from them being cheap bastards.

Ok, where were we? Ah, yes! Beautiful Arcadia. Who did the model?
you don't need to explain i already bought the game well before this conversation happened

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Also, please please please get 100k views, I wan't to see another awesome cutscene mission!
I'm trying!!!

Speaking of racking up views, does anyone know how YouTube goes about counting them? Do you have to watch a video from beginning to end, or will just starting it qualify?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Speaking of racking up views, does anyone know how YouTube goes about counting them? Do you have to watch a video from beginning to end, or will just starting it qualify?

I believe it's one view for every time you visit the web page.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

It's actually tied to your user account/IP, I think, so if you watch multiple times, it's still just one view. 

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft
Yup. What I've been doing is tweeting links to folks that might be interested.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Also, please please please get 100k views, I wan't to see another awesome cutscene mission!
I'm trying!!!

As am I.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Hades' revised beams?

Offline Spidey-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_140jxPitCk

You got extremely lucky with those Perseus, I haven't been able to get them to do that even once in all the times I've run the mission  :lol:

Haha! Agreed! That's exactly what they were set up to do, but sometimes the debris is not there or sometimes the fighters decide to do something else. It came together about once every 5 runs for me.

Will the AI barrel roll like that on it's own?  It looks rather cool. 

alpha1 do a barrel roll! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_140jxPitCk&feature=player_detailpage#t=182s
do you mean the one at about 3:03?

Yeah.  That's probably the awesomest thing I've seen an AI fighter do in FreeSpace

Offline Spidey-

They're scripted to roll in counter directions while engaging the bomber in centre-screen. They're initially positioned just behind the camera and pointed in the right direction. The rest of the manoeuvring is AI driven. Actually, I had not initially intended the debris to be there, but when I ran it the first time, it was in the shot and made the AI do some pathfinding. So, I tweaked the positioning to give it a better chance of turning out like that.

I've been wondering what kind of video to do next. Another trailer? Something a little longer with original voice acting?

i say do another trailer and either
a. the do the same thing but with the freespace2 intro.
b. recreate the mass effect battle of the citadel(or other famous sci-fi battle mass effect is just the most recent) with freespace ships
c. an original free-for-all with fleets from the different mods duking it out

As usual I find myself asking if there is anything better than Freespace, and again I find the answer without asking it here, the answer is..........................no there is nothing better than Freespace.
I don;t think its possible for you guys who make these mods and movie clips to do anything wrong either :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline SypheDMar

• Minecraft

They're scripted to roll in counter directions while engaging the bomber in centre-screen. They're initially positioned just behind the camera and pointed in the right direction. The rest of the manoeuvring is AI driven. Actually, I had not initially intended the debris to be there, but when I ran it the first time, it was in the shot and made the AI do some pathfinding. So, I tweaked the positioning to give it a better chance of turning out like that.

I've been wondering what kind of video to do next. Another trailer? Something a little longer with original voice acting?
FS1 Terrans assets (NTF) vs a small force of FS1 Vasudans assets followed by FS2 Vasudans assets (GTVA) vs the same FS1 Terrans - to showcase technological and visual changes since retail.