Author Topic: Story what is importend?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Story what is importend?
As the titel says, what do you think is importend for a good story?

To me a good story has a little of everything. Drama, suspence, comedy, tragedy... No matter if it is spread out through an entire campaign or even found in a single mission. using those elements in proper balance with believable characters and situations is most of teh challenged. But whoever if designing the missions will have the hardest burden storywise cause the feel of the game is when you actually play the mission. At that time you should be experiencing WING COMMANNDER...
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hey T,  I believe the key element of wing commander involves all your factors, but the overall deciding key element is the involvement and the affect you can have on a missions outcome, IMHO WC manages that far more effectively than FS2 but thats primarily through the use of cutscenes and we can simulate that right with command briefs,  I'm sure thats just skipping the surface and there are many more elements i havent covered that are floating aound my head now but i'm sure the fine citizens of HLP will add their own touch of Le' Suggestionne to this subject.

Cheers Tolwyn and team, and fans of WC universally..:nod:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
hello Dekker,

from the Depths of the Blackness, you have come back- not to plague, not to curse, not to spam but to help, right :D

We are all glad to see you again after a quite long time.

on the side note: can you see/access our hidden developer forum? (the access should be given to you and a few of other users today or tommorow).

btw, I have just noticed that SG forums are down again... it is a good choice to move here I suppose.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis