Author Topic: The Game wont load!!!  (Read 2420 times)

The Game wont load!!!

Hello,

I'm new to this site, and I recently downloaded Diaspora to my laptop computer. However I am having an Issue with the game loading and I'm not sure what i did wrong when installing it. Everytime I click on the briefing tab it goes into the loading screen but after a couple of minutes, a message box box pops up that reads."  FreeSpace 2 Open has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. " My Operating system on my computer is Windows 7 do I have to unistall and reinstall again to a different folder? any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm really eager to play this game I hate when I run into snags like this. :) once again any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Re: The Game wont load!!!
My Operating system on my computer is Windows 7 do I have to unistall and reinstall again to a different folder?
if you did install to FS2 then yes you did it wrong. this mod is a standalone and needs its own folder.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Nothing he said suggests he hasn't installed it as a standalone.

Mightyjoe could you generate a debug build (by running the executable that ends in -d until you hit the crash), then find your fs2open log file under Diaspora/data/ and post it here inside [ code ] tags?

Im not sure if this is what you wanted, but here it is.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
  OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer  : Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
  OpenGL Version   : 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1883

Yep, kinda expected that to be the issue. We did say in the release thread that integrate Intel chips aren't powerful enough to run the game. That said, some people have had success if they turn the settings down. Switching off post processing in the Advanced Settings->Troubleshooting section of the launcher has helped quite a few people for instance.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thank you KaraJorma,

This was extremely helpful. I'm not having any more issues with the game. I truly appreciate your assistance.