Author Topic: Please announce WC SAGA to the world!!!  (Read 4470 times)

Please announce WC SAGA to the world!!!
aka... Bluesnews, Gamespydaily etc.

I suppose you have a press kit. Please, send it over there so that people will know...

I must say I am a bit disappointed by WCNEWS coverage. It only sports news of a Mac version. Bigger news is the release of a ship for the homewolrd 2 mod than SAGA prologue? Maybe a bigger article on WCNEWS front page.

Show yourselves to the world the GRAND job you have been working for the past 4 years. Make them yearn for more. Bluesnews especially is very supportive of SpaceFighter mods. :D
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Re: Please announce WC SAGA to the world!!!
It's not just the devs that can spread the word, everyone can do that in forums they frequent. I've already done it in a few places :)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
We already have many reports throughout the web, though most are on german related sites yet. Our press kit is also supposed for german sites and magazines and will hopefully start to attract more people to HLP and WingCommander Universe.

We are currently thinking about english sites too , though here must our english/american team members take action :)  And as Lt.Cannonfodder  said, mouth-to-mouth advertising is the best that we can get :)

CIC already had it in the news on 31.12., the same day we released
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Having a press kit isn't a bad idea at all though.

Wanders over to Game-Warden to add that to the "Things we have learned from the WCS release" thread :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:39:58 am by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Creash

We already have many reports throughout the web, though most are on German related sites yet. Our press kit is also supposed for German sites and magazines and will hopefully start to attract more people to HLP and WingCommander Universe.

We are currently thinking about english sites too , though here must our english/american team members take action :)  And as Lt.Cannonfodder  said, mouth-to-mouth advertising is the best that we can get :)

CIC already had it in the news on 31.12., the same day we released

I know I am certainly trying to spread the word as best I can about Freespace 2, The Babylon Project, as well as WCS as best I can to my close friends and MMROPG guildies.  I am even going to the extent of copying down HLP's various games into CD 'care packages' to send to select friends along with word-document instillation/tweaking instructions to make them more receptive to trying them out...and in hopes...fall in love with them and become steady fans of HLP's work  :)

Offline Sphynx

I plan to start doing some posting to English sites next week and seeing who is willing to host mirrors for us. If anyone has any suggestions of other sites, I am very open to hear your ideas of where might be interested in knowing. Also, please continue to spread things by word-of-mouth. The internet is a big place, it's hard for any one group of people to reach to all of the potentially interested parties.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
should it be submitted to Slashdot?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Sphynx

Were are actually working on that one, as well. I think making sure we have enough mirrors before we open the flood gates is a good idea for all involved. But, we'll get there.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Well, after putting some word about WC:Saga in several french Forum, one of Microsoft developer (based on Redmond) says his boss (who also worked as Project Leader for Wing Co 3) have tried SAGA and like it.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
If that is true it is quite a compliment.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Whatever you guys do, DON'T go commercial with this mod. (I don't think it's allowed, with the engine and WC materials, thought)

Offline Sphynx

Don't worry. We can't go commercial with it legally, and that's not the point. So, no fear! :)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Sad but true. Without the License we can't make any money with the mod. I would even pay for the license but most likely it will be far over my budged and I doubt that EA will ever give away anything that they have. To me it sometimes looks like a "we keep it just to have it, not because we want to do anything with it"
Still in the EA replay releases their has been some WC again...so finaly EA has done something with the license. Not that its that interesting to me since I don't own any console system and most likely never will but at least something happend.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Actually didn't they just release a Wing Commander game for the PSP?

They might not be making new games in the WC universe but it's  not like they aren't doing anything with the IP. Certainly more than Interplay are doing with the FS2 licence.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, but it took EA 10 years to start something, so Interplay is still in the race :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Interplay...do they still alive? I thought the company died a long time ago or was at least bought by someone else. I haven't heard anything about them for...well a quite long time?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
They continue to lurch on staving off death but not actually doing anything productive at the moment.

Offline Kris

• Wing Commander CIC
I must say I am a bit disappointed by WCNEWS coverage. It only sports news of a Mac version. Bigger news is the release of a ship for the homewolrd 2 mod than SAGA prologue? Maybe a bigger article on WCNEWS front page.
I wanted to respond to this. The CIC is updated daily and the frontpage only has the last five days' news. Our initial report on the prologue release is here. Things get pushed down quickly, so there is a Saga entry under "hot items" that links to our initial report. All our Saga coverage can be found here, all the way back to when this was a mod for Conquest: Frontier Wars.

Were are actually working on that one, as well. I think making sure we have enough mirrors before we open the flood gates is a good idea for all involved. But, we'll get there.
You're welcome to put us very high on the list. I'm sure most people prefer a direct download (one they can put into a download manager) over a dodgy forms button at Gamershell.

I would even pay for the license
EA would never do this.

EA will do more with the Wing Commander property when they see a good opportunity.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
I think their are some people that aren't familiar with the CIC and at least I have seen the updates on CIC so I can say that CIC did reports on Saga as they do for all the other mods out their.

As for the licence...I also guess that EA would never do this exept I got enough money that I don't have. Still it would be a nice thing to have.
That EA does something with the licence when they think they could make enough money with is for sure. They would be dump not to do it. Problem is, I guess, that the "when its a good point" depends much on your view of things. Fans can't wait for a new official game while a company like EA has other concerns.

Offline Sphynx

You're welcome to put us very high on the list. I'm sure most people prefer a direct download (one they can put into a download manager) over a dodgy forms button at Gamershell.

[

Kris,

I just wanted to publicly thank you for the offer. We have put you high up on our list, and are thankful for your support. :)