Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

Useful scripts for 3ds Max

<< < (2/6) > >>

Kusanagi:
Will these keep the orientation for firingpoints?

zookeeper:

--- Quote from: Kusanagi on January 10, 2011, 05:07:42 am ---Will these keep the orientation for firingpoints?

--- End quote ---

No, but it's worth noting that you don't need to set the firepoint normals in pcs2 if the turret has fvecs and uvecs set.

Spicious:
The importer looks for a helper called vec* now. Try exporting something with uvec and fvec.

Kusanagi:
So let me see if I have this straight.

I have a few turrets that I need to add to a ship both blob and multiparts which are in their own separate MAX scenes so I can merge them into the existing scene.

For a blob turret, I would just import it, group it (with its three helpers) and move them to where they need to go with the angles. Ungroup, run the fvec/uvec script, and then run the reset xform script?

For multiparts, the process is the same?

zookeeper:

--- Quote from: Spicious on January 10, 2011, 02:31:07 pm ---The importer looks for a helper called vec* now. Try exporting something with uvec and fvec.

--- End quote ---

So if a turret has a helper called vec* attached to it (does there need to be another helper in between?), the importer automatically creates fvecs and uvecs for the turret based on the rotation of the vec helper? That's a great feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version