Author Topic: What ships can i use?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Zanar

• Prometheus R and Subach HL7 Combo FTW!
hi i wish to get new ships for my campaign that I'm working on but i want to add new ships   :rolleyes:
i know that on the wiki there are down loadable mods but which ones can i use for my mission.. like legally i guess.......

do i need permission from the makes and if so how can i ask for their permission???

well anyways looking forward to posts  :D
If you hate the Subach HL7 you are an enemy

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If they're posted to the public, you can use them, and I don't think you have to worry about permission.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

You can always PM the listed authors (assuming they are still Hard-Light members)

Failing any communication, then in the Credits, you would list:

"Ship X by ThisGuy as shown here: WikiLink, Downloaded from: FSMods/Wherever"

And that should probably cover you pretty well. But do try to take the approach of reaching out as best you can, if all else fails, do a follow up post here where you specifically outline any ships you haven't heard from the author on.

That is, if you're for being super polite about it. In general, if it's publicly available, it is usually publicly usable. (Unless stated otherwise, I guess, but that's never made any sense to me)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Zanar

• Prometheus R and Subach HL7 Combo FTW!
Ok thanks guys! thanks for the help :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
If you hate the Subach HL7 you are an enemy

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
good rule of thumb is to give credit where credit is due. i consider all my models as "free to the public", though i do ask that you credit me for them.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN