Off-Topic Discussion > Gaming Discussion

Project Wingman, an Ace combat-y flight sim has a playable 1-mission alpha demo.

(1/6) > >>

FrikgFeek:
You should check this alpha out, it's really good.

It has an AC04 feel with slower turning and slower accelerating/decelerating aircraft but you still get the ridiculous missile ammo and you're still expected to shoot down half an air force by yourself every mission.
Currently it has only 1 playable plane, the Su-27A(but this is the best plane ever anyway), and 1 playable mission.
If you can't wait for AC7 this might scratch that itch for a while and give you an idea of what AC7 could look like since it uses the same engine(UE4).

It's free to try but has a "pay what you want" model if you want to support the development.
You can get it here.

The E:
:bump:

Project Wingman is now on Kickstarter!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rb-d2/project-wingman/description

I played the Demo, feels pretty good. Very Ace Combatey.

CKid:
Very Ace Combatey indeed! The music, the radio chatter, felt so familiar. Playing with M + KB was ok. Impressive Demo.

MikeRoz:
I've never played any of the Ace Combat series. My favorite (Earthbound) flight sim growing up was Jane's Fighters Anthology (and all the component games that went into that compilation release, like USNF, ATF, etc). How will this compare? Not really in a position to play the demo at the moment, but somewhat interested.

Det. Bullock:

--- Quote from: MikeRoz on June 02, 2018, 11:44:22 pm ---I've never played any of the Ace Combat series. My favorite (Earthbound) flight sim growing up was Jane's Fighters Anthology (and all the component games that went into that compilation release, like USNF, ATF, etc). How will this compare? Not really in a position to play the demo at the moment, but somewhat interested.

--- End quote ---

Ace Combat is VERY arcade-y, I could only play Assault Horizon (which has some forced QTE events which are absent from the main series or so I've heard) and just to give you an idea you tend to have a payload of tens if not hundreds of AA missiles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version