Author Topic: Problems with throttle axis in game  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Auva

Problems with throttle axis in game
Greetings,
well I've got a problem with my Throttle Axis in Diaspora. Now, I use a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and Saitek Combat Pedals, re bind them with ppjoy to a Virtual Joystick. And everything works pretty well in Wingcommander Saga. There I can use everything, even the Throttle Axis.
Now when I want to play Diaspora, the Game reckognizes the Throttle Axis in the Options, I can bind it there. But when I'm going into the mission, the game doesn't react to my throttle input.
Is there any help possible? Because it is so strange, that it works well in Wingcommander Saga, but not in Diaspora.

Best Regards
Auva.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: Problems with throttle axis in game
Are you using "Relative Throttle" or "Absolute Throttle" control?
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Auva

I tried both, first analog control (which works fine in WCS) and then relative control. Both don't function in Diaspora for me.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
The absolute throttle is what is intended for most controllers.

Not sure what's going on if that doesn't work...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Just like to chime in that I've been having some similar issues when trying out Diaspora 1.04 and FSOpen 3.7.0.

Stick shows up  in the Launcher, but when I'm ingame it doesn't pick up the axis when binding. Not sure what's happening, this didn't happen earlier in the year.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A debug log might be of some use from both of you. Can't make any promises though since I've not really worked on joystick issues before.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

A debug log might be of some use from both of you. Can't make any promises though since I've not really worked on joystick issues before.

Nevermind, I believe I've managed to solve it. I forgot that FSOpen still requires that the controller be set as a preferred controller in Windows, even if it shows up in the launcher. Carry on I guess.

Offline Auva

Edit: Okay, I solved the problem. I had my Yaw Axis on my Z Axis bidend, changed it and it workes...
but only to find out I finished the game 2 Missions later :( Anyway. That was one of the best games played for years! Love it!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:41:04 pm by Auva »