Author Topic: [RELEASE] - PVCa Ramses  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
[RELEASE] - PVCa Ramses

RELEASED: DOWNLOAD HERE | WIKI

The PVCa Ramses is a Vasudan heavy carrier, first encountered in the early days of the war and now largely retired from their fleet. The Ramses is an old design, probably dating back to at least several decades before first contact. This is best evidenced by its archaic subsystem arrangement, with a network of exposed sensor and navigation blister across its flanks. Their unprotected nature makes them easy to hit, and, despite its distributed nature, many tacticians claim that the Ramses’ navigation system is a better target than its relatively well protected engines when attempting to prevent the vessel from escaping.  Despite its massive scale, at over a kilometre in length, the Ramses is relatively weakly armed, and relies primarily on its fighter wing for protection. Estimates are poor as to the capacity of this class, and it may well vary from vessel to vessel, but most Ramses’ appear to hold between forty and eighty strikecraft.

Although not as dangerous as the newer Typhon class, the Ramses is still considered a Class A threat due to its strategic importance and ability to project power through its fighters and bombers. Their elimination should be a priority whenever encountered.

So, some of you may have been following my other thread here, and for you guys, this will be nothing new. For those who haven't, however, well, brand new ship ahoy then! :D This is the Ramses, developed for Frontlines, my WiP series of TV War era minicampaigns. Like a lot of what I've been making lately, it's basically designed to fill an empty niche - in this case, light Vasudan carriers. Yes, technically there are one or two things that kinda-sorta fit that role, but none of them are up to what I think of as modern FSO standards, and none of them look very TV-War era. For all the complaints I've heard about the shape (and I acknowledge it could have been better), I do think that the final looks is at least reasonably FS1-ish.

Probably could have done with a LoD or two, but in the end I wanted to FRED with it more than I wanted to LoD it, so I got a bit lazy there. Anyway, hopefully people will find a use for it - Admiral Nelson has already said TVWP will probably find a spot for it. So I guess... Have at it, fellows. :D

[EDIT]Oh, and for those who will (as usual) complain about the light levels on the screenshots, either use the p3d viewer or DL the thing and look at it on your ridiculously dark monitors in PCS2.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:16:49 pm by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Re: [RELEASE] - PVCa Ramses
Oh my GAWD... don't stare him in the eyes...  :nervous:
Nice Model, but from the front it's scary as hell..  :eek:
I am sleeping very well in my qietschie Bettgestell :D
-------------------------------------------------------------

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
:yes2: For some reason, it reminds me of the Strike Cruiser from X-Wing Alliance. Not that it's a bad thing. :yes:

Oh yes, from the front it reminds me of this...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Whoops - little snafu with the Pof file - no MoI, and the wrong size. Reuploading now.

[EDIT]Fixed, grab it again if you've already DLed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 am by Black Wolf »
Rarely Updated P3D.

:yes2: For some reason, it reminds me of the Strike Cruiser from X-Wing Alliance. Not that it's a bad thing. :yes:

Oh yes, from the front it reminds me of this...

Oh well... That made my day :D
I am sleeping very well in my qietschie Bettgestell :D
-------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Hmm. Hadn't made the comparison before, but yeah, I can kinda see it, with the shape of the hull.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
very Nike! no wait, that's the greek godess, NICE, ah yea, that's the one i was looking for
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Excellent ship, excellent release :yes:
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Luis Dias

:yes: :yes:

sad little puppy.... :)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Yes, a nice ship. now it needs only refitting for the Post-Capella scenario of some kind, maybe as a pirate base...  :yes:
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Uh guys, those "eye" things are on the engine end, not the front.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Excellent design, very FS1esque. Perfect pre-GW small carrier :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.