Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 1880 times)

What am I doing wrong?
So a little while back I downloaded a few of the newer models that aren't included in the 2014 mediavps. Looked like I was supposed to put them in the mediavps_2014/data folder. Now, originally, I had the data for each ship in individual subfolders -- a Hippocrates subfolder, an Apollo subfolder, and so on -- but that didn't work. (Is it supposed to?) But when I just dumped all the files straight into the /data folder, that worked fine.

Except not really. If I just have the mediavps_2014 as the enabled mod, the new models are present. But if I'm using a different mod that has mediavps_2014 in its secondary list, they're not there. All the other HTL stuff -- everything included in the .vp files -- is fine, but the new ones are missing.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to copy the new files into the data folder of every mod I want to use them in?

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Upgraded models should go to mediavps_2014/data/models and textures to mediavps_2014/data/maps. That's how it works.
You're placing the Apollo into MediaVPs 2014? You should place it into fsport-mediavps. FS2 doesn't utilise that vessel, so it won't even be loaded. FSPort, on the other hand, does use it and the model replaced like that works like charm.

Everything depends on what mod you are playing. I think that the mod you're using it with includes a vessel coming from MediaVPs, but modified for the mod's needs and it overrides your new shiny ship with an older version.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Ah, that worked. Thanks!