Author Topic: AoA Fallen Angel  (Read 1480 times)

Offline sunnyB

So just a question of curiosity,
In insane/hard mode, you can't actually get a good lock with bombs due to the Lucifer constantly emp-ing you everytime you are within target range?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don’t think it’s the Lucifer doing it.

Offline sunnyB

I thought it was because the main character would say "i can feel the lucifer in my head", then the screen gets overlayed with those death images and whatnot which breaks radar lock everytime. In Normal to 1st run mode, those images or whatever dont occur as often. In Hard/Insane, those images pop up every 2 seconds

Yeah, bombs simply won't work on insane. You need to use lasers and the rapidfire heatseekers.
Also on insane the vishnan arbiters will wreck the lucy's health extremely quickly(due to no firerate penalties) if you defend them from the bombers and the Lucifer will **** off once it's on low health, giving you less time to kill the reactors if you choose to defend the arbiters.

Though they will also take out a few reactors for you, if you order your wingmen to attack reactor 3 and 2 the arbiters and oresters will kill the rest of them. Just kill the nahemas attacking your arbiters while you're closing on the lucifer. The missionary is the best ship for this mission because of its straightline speed.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline sunnyB

Gottttttt it. That makes complete sense. Thanks.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I thought it was because the main character would say "i can feel the lucifer in my head", then the screen gets overlayed with those death images and whatnot which breaks radar lock everytime. In Normal to 1st run mode, those images or whatever dont occur as often. In Hard/Insane, those images pop up every 2 seconds

Look around for Shivan fighters that might be projecting the effect. I believe if you take them out you'll reduce the interference.