Author Topic: Great work... If I could see it...  (Read 5693 times)

Offline mamba

Great work... If I could see it...
Hi guys I'm new on the forum, but I see everyday how goes the work.
I hope it will be released soon, cause Prophechy really set me down... I'll never admit it's the fifth WC, NEVER! It just sux.

I tryed to DL the intro, but the first is incomplete and the second just a RAR corrupted, it's just me?

Or what?

Sorry for my english, bye!

The Mamba

Offline Lynx

I wonder what's the constant problem with the trailer downloads. You tried that link already?

ftp://ftp.wcnews.com/files/mods/wing_commander_saga_teaser_trailer.rar

Or maybe your download got corrupted somehow, you may try to download it again.

And what's exactly wrong with Prophecy. Yeah, it's the worst game in the WC series, but on it's own it's still one of the best games ever made. Especially the pretty accelerated graphics set it apart from it's predecessors along with the smooth and responsive controls, and it's quite consistent with the other games too. The Nephilim weren't as cool an enemy as the Kilrathi and could've used some better development, though.
The only reall stupid thing was the biologial  ships(bio ships are stupid in any sc-fi), but that seamt to be some kind of fad these days. Intersting though was that apparently, they weren't supposed to be bioships at first, but constructed from crystalline stuff.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
SciFi-3d downloads are corrupted
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Lynx

Damn. Why?

Anyway, that's the CIC link I posted, so that download should work.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
because... eh... it is broken.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline mamba

I hate Prophecy cause:

1) the plot was completely a failure
2) the gameplay was ridicolous, not mentioning the AI... That was really better on a game several years older (WC3).
3) lack of any "illusion" of chosing the path
4) hey.. Are they pilots in a deadly war  or some sort of buttered teenaging apes?
5)   They put Blair in a role that still today I have to understand :confused:
6) They killed Blair in a mission that I can't see why he had to do :confused:

And a lt of other things also connected to the first (personal)issue.

I loved it because:

1) The graphic was really good (but hey... It's the minimum, don't you think?? WC3 was a quantum leap in it's time.. This, only another space simulator, maybe better of some others, that's all)

Stop

I wasn't feeling like the time in wich on the screen appeared "while you sleep they'll be waiting".

Anyway the files on the links are corrupted, IE the first incomplete and the second corrupted.

the mamba

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I think the best part was WC3. WC4 was a tad worse, but still awesome.

Prophecy wasn't bad at all. It had great graphics, awesome sound and music and some nice actors. Although I think they lost some good actors from the fourth game.

Seeing Mark Hamill again was surprising. The time game comanies hired well-known actors, was over to this time already.
He had to die, because he probably never wanted to play in WC again.

Prophecy was the worst WC for shure, but I still had a lot fun with it. It's a great game. I think it's ok for this game to use the 'Wing Commander' title.

But if you don't like it, that's ok. There are some people who don't like Wing Commander at all. It's just a matter of taste.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Blair was not killed but captured again (acording to an interview made back in 1998).

Try this  link. There are two different mirrors, although the very first trailer is not available (it is more than 2 years old)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
btw

:welcome:

:D

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline mamba

the link u gave me is for the mod page, wich file should I check?

And BTW, the intros still don't work.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
intros? what intros?

You should download WCS trailers.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline mamba

Cool music, is it taken from judge Dredd?
And I'm trying to edit my avatar, but it says that I don't use avatars and there is nothing I can do to change this option...

Any clue?

The Mamba

« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 12:16:30 pm by 2782 »

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I guess I'm the only one who thought Prophecy was a really awesome game?  WC3 had the ultimate cool factor of the entire series but WC: Prophecy looked great, the Nephilum, while not as well executed as the Kilrathi, had some awesome ship concepts that played to the power of the game engine...

Oh well :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by mamba

exactly! This means that you have downloaded the very first trailer

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Lynx

Originally posted by IceFire
I guess I'm the only one who thought Prophecy was a really awesome game?  WC3 had the ultimate cool factor of the entire series but WC: Prophecy looked great, the Nephilum, while not as well executed as the Kilrathi, had some awesome ship concepts that played to the power of the game engine...

Oh well :)

It's Nephilim.;)

It's a heck of a game, and fully deserved the high ratings it got, and better than most other stuff out there. But compared to other WCgames, the protrayal of the storyline was more awkaward and the characters seemed more stereotypical and simple than in the other, like Maniac being even more maniac than before, and Stiletto, while being the hottest WC girl has the acting abilities of a piece of  chalk and so on, and I had the impression that they they tried to make the pilots look more "badass" by making them as said more stereotypical in character and text. From the other WC games I had the impression of the average pilot being a rather cultivated and intelligent person while in WCP they seamt more like "space grunts".
The bugs were initially handeled quite good, but got quite lame over the length of the game. I wish they kept talking their alien gibberish on the comm channels instead of being translated early in the game, that seemed much cooler that way.

I guess most people take the better portrayed characters and story of the earlier WC's over the better graphics of WCP.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I guess most people take the better portrayed characters and story of the earlier WC's over the better graphics of WCP.

I agree

Graphics and flight "physiks" where quite good in Prophecy, but gameplay and the storyline/actors where to bad to make it the good game it should have been.

From what I heard the storyline was also different when the project began and was later changed to what it is now. Also cuts in the budged where a problem.

I think they tried to much to make WC a more mainstream game instead of keeping it for just the Fans or hardcore gamers and that is wherer it got worse.

About the Nephilim... I liked the shipdesing and also the ideas of combining fighters to form more powerfull fighters.
About the Nephilim themself...I think if, as it was planned, the Nephilim war would have been done in 3 Parts like the Kilrathi Saga some things wouln't have been so rushed...like the early translation of the Language or even the wormhole wouldn't be discovered so fast.
I also think that the Kilrathi would have got a bigger role.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by gevatter Lars
I also think that the Kilrathi would have got a bigger role.

Damn right! It was hard to find any Kilrathi in the game.
Well, only on the simulator and in one or two missions. :(
They could have been the terran's allies.

I would have loved to fly a Klrathi ship.
BTW will you fly something 'different' in WC: Saga?
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I liked the precence of the Kilrathi in the game quite a bit.  I always thought it to be so cool that they were actually flying their Vaktoth and Dralthi side by side with the latest cutting edge Confed stuff.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by mamba
And I'm trying to edit my avatar, but it says that I don't use avatars and there is nothing I can do to change this option...

Any clue?

Sorry Mamba, only administrators and project members are allowed to have avatars. You'll notice no one else has them - we like to use it as a distinguishing feature. Welcome to HLP. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by DaBrain

I would have loved to fly a Klrathi ship.
BTW will you fly something 'different' in WC: Saga?

Maybe there will be some possibilities in simulator-missions (in the main-release), but I don't think there will be any possibility to fly a kilrathi-fighter in the main-campaign (but as for modders, of course all you gotta do is add the "player_ship" flag :) )

Besides that, I guess there might be some more Fan-made campaigns will be born once we released our stuff, maybe someone will have the joy making a game from kilrathi-side :)
(Would be funny flying a darket against a tallahassee-cruiser :D)

About flying Kilrathi side by side against nephilim, well who knows what the future brings. If I'm not getting married or having some other big reallife issues within the next 5 years, which will keep me away from my computer, there might be something in the planning ;7
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.