Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!  (Read 19987 times)

Offline starlord

Re: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
Also, please note: those perticular SWC meshes did not serve in SWC, they were abandoned. They are most interesting to "re"use though.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
They do interest me, but there is a difference between what I would like to have and what I need to have :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline starlord

In that case, I just hope for the best, But if you guys come up with those ships, I think it might well serve as yet another attraction argument for saga, after all, who ever fighted a "super" snakeir.

Yet, as you say, time is a fierce enemy.

Offline starlord

Or in that case, why not include a mission editor ALONG with a ship editor? This way should the gamers want to create the spikeri, the super snakeir or even the agon ra sivar, they would do so without any problems.

so, what do you say? this might be simpler.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
There is no ship editor per se. First, a model is to be created in 3d editor (for example, 3d studio max, 100 USD - student version), painted, etc, etc, etc. Only then the model can be converted to the game format.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
If it would be so easy to implement new stuff we would have finished the mod long ago ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

I think it would be great for saga to use those perticular ships:

Snakeir (super dreadnaught variant), 4000m long: meshes can be found here: http://www.wcnews.com/articles/art32.shtml (click on the sivar: this might do a good snakeir form).

Spikeri corvette, same link, click on spikeri.

And naturally, the usual sivar class dreadnaught (conform to the WC1 shape), and the usual snakeir (carrier version, also conform to WC1).

I would also advise you to include a WC4 kilrathi shuttle.

hope this serves you well.

Where do these models come from?

Some of them look good, and some are really out there, like the cat capships, especially the sivar, fralthi and ralari and the draymen.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Super Wing Commander unless I am much mistaken.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline starlord

They were unused designs for SWC.

Do you think ithere might be one day another MOD launched following the movie storyline? (pre wc1) (I don't mean necessarily by you, I understand you're quite busy). But I just hope that such a mod (Wing commander 0, or prologue?) we would be able to feature the biginning of the kilrathi encounters from the iason incident up to the custer carnival. This might also be a good omen to introduce the ships (spikerii and "super"snakeir) I previously talked about since they make an appearance in that era.

Anyway, those are just my ideas, naturally so don't take them too seriously, but I figured those particular obscure battles would be interesting to live through a video WC game.

Anyway, to thank you for what might become one day one of the best WCmods, I thought you might have a good laught at this:

http://www.savefile.com/projects/1054966

the game is called star hammer and it's very close in spirit as to what promisses wc battlestations. I think you'll enjoy it. (the ship even slightly looks like a hornet).

For the collectors among you, the game has a prequel named starfire. You can get it here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/1054963 but this one's a classic vertical shooter.

Also, please observe that those shareware titles are full version and have been preserved by me, given the help of paul turbett and homebrew (who gave them to me after my request). It would be advisable for any downloaders to thank paul by mailing him at this address: [email protected]
(tell him starlord kept his word and that his programs live on).

thank you for him.

merry christmas.

P.S: I never understood why you suppressed flak effects on cap ships: the flak work in FS2 is one of the 7 wounders in the world.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga

P.S: I never understood why you suppressed flak effects on cap ships: the flak work in FS2 is one of the 7 wounders in the world.

Indeed, FS flakcannons are great. However, we focused on WC3 gameplay and there are no flak cannons. WC2 ships will be fairly seldom in the mod, so it's unlikely to see any flak cannons firing at you :(
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
For my part the current AA defance is good enough. The turret AI is quite capable and so gives a good defance without the flak.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

...only one day to XMas (just to remind the WCS-Team)  ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
...only one day to XMas (just to remind the WCS-Team)  ;)

3.6.9. out? No.

-WC Saga's beta tester

I know, I know (was just jokin´)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
We already decided to delay christmas, so that we wont delay the game again  :p
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good strategy. :lol:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Good strategy. :lol:

Pity it didn't work :)

-WC Saga's beta tester