Author Topic: Prologue Released!  (Read 184924 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Goober actually wanted to implement taunting after 3.6.9 :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ya.  Along with requesting clearance and other neat comm menu stuff.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Ya.  Along with requesting clearance and other neat comm menu stuff.

That would be awesome :)  I was just afraid to ask for that since we already have so many wishes :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, if it makes you feel better, I consider taunting and requesting clearance to be one request, since the same code will be used for both. :p

Marvellous stuff! It brings tears of joy and nostalgia to this Wing Commander fan that has been dying for revisit to that universe.

I forgotten the pessimistic and hopeless mood of the Wing Commander saga, but this project brings it out well, especially with the accompanying fiction.

However, I don't recall the fighters being that manueverable. The first time I got on the Arrow, well I had to get used to the way it can turn one eighty in a second. And the Thunderbolt's turning is very tolerable. Perhaps it is just me, who somehow managed to play Wing Commander 3 using just the keyboard.

And one last thing: the soundtrack sounds unusually muted. The voices, however are crisp and clear. You sure all spent a few recording them!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
However, I don't recall the fighters being that manueverable. The first time I got on the Arrow, well I had to get used to the way it can turn one eighty in a second. And the Thunderbolt's turning is very tolerable. Perhaps it is just me, who somehow managed to play Wing Commander 3 using just the keyboard.

The flying feeling is a bit different than what you might remember. The rotation time values however are exactly the same as in Wing Commander 3 :)

And one last thing: the soundtrack sounds unusually muted.

We used ADPCM compression for the prologue, for the main release we will switch to ogg compressed music.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
Why are the pilots talking about new year resolutions when the fiction tells us it is Summer?

hi,
idea: they are australian, australian is on the southside of the earth, if we have winter, they have summer.
so they have summer if they celebrate the new year *g*

so the only mistake was doesnt to say that they are australian *gggg*

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Why are the pilots talking about new year resolutions when the fiction tells us it is Summer?

hi,
idea: they are australian, australian is on the southside of the earth, if we have winter, they have summer.
so they have summer if they celebrate the new year *g*

so the only mistake was doesnt to say that they are australian *gggg*

Mehrpack

It is supposed to be a new "fiscal year" for the military, which means new funding, etc, etc, etc, instead of a calendar year :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Maybe we should explain such little "gags" a little more for those not knowing the whole story or aren't native english speakers.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, you did release it on the new year, even if it was just a coincidence. :D

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Right chinese new year should be soon.

18th Feb, FYI.  :)

I say only one word...WOW :eek:

I am an old wing commander fan and have waited for this day, long time...
Keep going on, with this great mod,guys... :yes:
DON´T PANIK....

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
You are the best it worked perfectly no bugs, looked great was voice acted 10/10 a bit short but it was only a prolouge so thats ok....

Now I just need to find a thread that deals with the timeline since I couldent figure out if the game occurs after the movie Wing Commander or before.

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
certainly after :)

Movie can hardly be considered within Wing Commander timeline afterall. Not with all the changes Chris Roberts made :(

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
certainly after :)

Movie can hardly be considered within Wing Commander timeline afterall. Not with all the changes Chris Roberts made :(

Yeah I figuered that out after I went to the Wing Commander Saga Website.....

Really screwed with my head since I really dont remember much from the Wing Commander games(Other then they where really good) only the movie since I have it on DVD.....

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Nice work with the Prolugue WC Saga Team! :yes:

It has only two fatal flaws: 1. It is too short 2. It has a limited number of craft and options...But it's a demo after all
Hope that you will finish the final release in the same style and quality as the Prologue  :)
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Finished two weeks ago, but haven't had time to write this post. :p Anyway great job. Altough I'm not WC fan (I haven't even played any of WCs), I had a lot of fun playing it. Five very good missions and good situation developement gives nice plot background. From graphic point of view it doesn't look so good, hope you'll make HTL pack with main mod release. ;) The only flaw I've seen is that capships are very easy to destroy, all you need to do is to position yourself behind them where they haven't got AF turrets and disarm them turret by turret, not like in FreeSpace where there's nothing such as dead zone and blowing up capship on Medium skill level was real PITA. :/
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
it's ten missions, will you? :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Easy with Torpedos but with just your normal weapons it should be a little bit more difficulte...depending on what settings you are playing.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Oh, and I fail to see any connection between HTL and "good looking", but maybe it is just me :)

-WC Saga's beta tester