Author Topic: Some issues with the prologue  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Raytak

Some issues with the prologue
While I am a Wing Commander fan, Mac version of which there was only one (boo), I was excited to see this come up in InsideMacGames. Downloaded the image and installed.
It ran, nice lead in graphics, got to the enter Pilot screen then Choice screen.
Went to Settings, could select without problems the video. But, when I went to Controls (sorry, program not running, cannot see correct name) the mouse became nearly useless. It would disappear, hang, lock up for 10 of seconds. I have a joystick, could not access configuration. Hitting escape eventually brought me back to the Choice screen.
Even there, if I select Campaign things work until I try to see if there is something to activate. No mission lists.
The only thing that seems to work without flaw is viewing the ships and weapons.
Mac Pro 2.66 Core Duo, 4 GB RAM (DDR2-667), 250 GB main drive with 130 GB space left, OS 10.4.9, completely updated via all software updates, NVIDIA 7300 GT video card.
In short a somewhat expanded standard Mac Pro.
Have a Nostromo N52 Array connected that works with everything. The problem occured with or without the F16 Combat Stick attached.
Rick

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Some issues with the prologue
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4393

Sounds very familiar.

That build should work for you too. But it might not save certain information exactly where the original build you have did.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]