Author Topic: Taunting  (Read 2273 times)

What I noticed in all your releases is that when the player taunts is usually made by a script. What I want is in the communcations is that there is a taunting command in order to keep up with the old wing commander spirt of making humouress remarks.
"I served for the Confederation for fifty years, lost many of my buddies, tried for high treason, and all I asked is that do they serve nachos?" Quote from Admiral Tolwyn. Let us remember the man who served the all mighty Confederation for Nachos.

Offline FlashFire

• Marshall of The Elite
    • The Elite, International
I don't know if you remember but taunting had it's place. The main purpose was to draw an enemy target towards you... worked about half the time for me.

I know that you can modify comms to accept certain player orders... I guess it's not entirely inconceivable that they couldn't write in taunts... but... still... I'd think it would take a low priority.
What a unique device, the human tush. An architectural wonder, one of a kind...actually two of a kind. Designed to support our weight for a lifetime of sitting it also has the subtlety to do the samba. And when attached to certain members of the female species at a time when light summer dresses are worn can cause some of us to drive our cars straight up a lamppost. - Captain Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce, M*A*S*H

I'm pretty sure its being worked on as its a signature part of WC.  As Karajorma said, (not and exact quote) "Great thing about using an engine that is open source, is you can add whatever features you need."  Anyway I wouldn't count it out just yet, but I guess we will see when its all finally done.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
didn't Tolwyn say that this piece of code is (almost?) finished?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
it's on The ListTM