Author Topic: So...does anyone have an ETA on 'Saga'?  (Read 13599 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: So...does anyone have an ETA on 'Saga'?
We'll see. ;)

When all goes as planned, we could start the closed beta in 2-3 months.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
that's all I asked for Tolwyn, thanks. (bzw. danke  ;) ) just an estimate from somebody how's up to date.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
If that is all you wanted... By the way, you are a FREDer, aren't you? ;) How about helping us finish the game?:)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Palm

Sounds great!!

Offline Vidmaster

...well...

Actually I wanted to fred something together with IPAndrews for TBP. Additionally, I would like to get suprised by the story and be a player instead of a fredder. And I don't have much exp with campaign variables and branching, it's likely that I am not good enough.
So if you are not in dire need of more fredders, I have to refuse.  :blah:

Testing now problem but fredding myself, I am not sure...  :nervous:

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Let's put it this way: we could use at least one additional FREDer. It would accelerate the development progress by at least three months.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline FlashFire

• Marshall of The Elite
    • The Elite, International
I wouldn't mind helping... and I think I have enough time (I'm in the US Army Band in Japan)... but I'm prettysure that my skills are not up to snuff in helping you out. After all, you can read back on the short history of all the questions I've asked. I'd love to make the project come along faster, but I'd hate to drag down the quality at the same time.  :sigh:
What a unique device, the human tush. An architectural wonder, one of a kind...actually two of a kind. Designed to support our weight for a lifetime of sitting it also has the subtlety to do the samba. And when attached to certain members of the female species at a time when light summer dresses are worn can cause some of us to drive our cars straight up a lamppost. - Captain Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce, M*A*S*H

Offline Vidmaster

now I am under psychological pressure, yes?  :nervous:   I'll think about it

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
It seems so ;)

I wouldn't mind helping... and I think I have enough time (I'm in the US Army Band in Japan)... but I'm prettysure that my skills are not up to snuff in helping you out. After all, you can read back on the short history of all the questions I've asked. I'd love to make the project come along faster, but I'd hate to drag down the quality at the same time.  :sigh:

It is a question of dedication. I've started FREDing one year ago, after the release of the Prologue. It took me 3 weeks to finish my first mission (it turned out pretty well too). Now I need about a week for a mission. That is, when I have enough time on my hands.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:16:37 am by Tolwyn »

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

and not learning like Maniac is flying for your Abitur  :doubt:   (note to non-germans: that's a very difficult school degree)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
it is actually Vordiplom. Last exam is tomorrow ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

I was talking about me  :D :D :D

Offline NickM

Guys:

Glad to hear that things are progressing....

Am REALLY looking forward to the finished product!

nickm

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
We have gathered solid forward momentum in the past months. Still no ETA though. ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I think we pushed the ETA from late 2669 to early 2669 because of the good progress? ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Indeed, that's what we did! :lol:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Quick everyone...to the time machine!  We need to visit the future! :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Bring me back a newspaper from 2008 with the lotto numbers ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"