Author Topic: Stuff  (Read 3034 times)

Hey guys lovin those carriers course be cool to see those flight decks but guess we can wait for the release.  I got a couple of ideas thats been floatin around for awhile just want to shoot them at ya.

As Im sure you all know Im all for seeing as many wing commander ships as possible in this mod even if they don't  appear in the campaign. I mean who does want to take out an excalibur with a morningstar.

I was wondering about the leech missles.  In wing commander 3 they didn't do anything if I recall correctly, on the wraith in armada they dropped the shields of fighters instantly, and in wing commander 4 they disabled ships.  Just wondering what version if any are being included in the mod. Honestly I do think it would be badass to include both the armada version and the wing commander 4 possibly as leech mark 1 and mark 2 respectfully.

Also on the multiplayer part any one here play or purchase wing commander arena I may be the only one.  I personally didn't like the game but I love the ideas behind it.  It would be very cool if you guys could recreate some of those levels in Saga especially the boneyard level with stationary astroids with the kilrathi face in it and the broken up ships. I think it would be badass flying in and around some stationary astroids to add variety to the freespace ones.  Some of the other game modes in arena would be awsome to reproduce in saga even though that game takes place in the future time period be somthing fun for multiplayer.

Any ways just some rantings and ideas love the mod always be a fan even if I never have anytime to play or comment anymore. I think you guys are doing great keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:13:54 pm by Stone48420 »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Also on the multiplayer part any one here play or purchase wing commander arena I may be the only one.  I personally didn't like the game but I love the ideas behind it.  It would be very cool if you guys could recreate some of those levels in Saga especially the boneyard level with stationary astroids with the kilrathi face in it and the broken up ships. I think it would be badass flying in and around some stationary astroids to add variety to the freespace ones.  Some of the other game modes in arena would be awsome to reproduce in saga even though that game takes place in the future time period be somthing fun for multiplayer.

Well, recreation of anything the abomination callled WC Arena has to offer is out of the question. However, Arena isn't special or introduces anything new to the multiplayer, therefore you will probably find many things in Saga as well.
Dogfight Levels for example will include lots of ships and objects to hide behind or chase each other around. We are also planning to include several coop scenarios and more complex TvT.
FS2 multiplayer was okay, but nothing special really. I've worked on the multiplayer for TheBabylonProject, which I think is vastly superior. What worked well there, will make it into Saga in an ever better form.

However, keep in mind that nothing is set in stone thus far. Everything is WIP and things might change.
Only thing certain is, that we will give you a good, non-arcade multiplayer part.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
alright, since nobody else answers I'll do.

The leech missile will probably not be featured in WCS, since it wasn't that useful or necessary. WC4 made use of it but WC3 didn't despite some possibilites like the Tanker Disable mission.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I mean who does want to take out an excalibur with a morningstar.
You cruel, heartless bastard.

The armada leech was a very unique missle when it hit it instantly dropped the shields to nothing they then have to recharge from zero it was really fun weapon when dealing with heavy duty kilrathi bombers in that gam. Be very cool for multiplayer battles.

I am kinda heartless I just want to nuke some of the best :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:57:25 pm by Stone48420 »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Actually I am going to include the "Leech" missile. It's simply will not be featured in the default loadout in any of our missions.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

You guys including the armada verison of the leech or the wing commander 4 version of it which is kinda already in freespace. (kinda hoping for both)

The armada leech was a very unique missle when it hit it instantly dropped the shields to nothing they then have to recharge from zero it was really fun weapon when dealing with heavy duty kilrathi bombers in that gam. Be very cool for multiplayer battles.

I am kinda heartless I just want to nuke some of the best :)
I've just tested the leech in Wing Commander Academy, a game based on WC2 but with a few enhancements like planets, suns 2 new ships and the leech. She works like in WC: Armada and it's also useful against ships with phase shielding.

It's cool that you'll feature the leech in WCS. I also hope that you'll include both WC Academy/Armada and WC4 versions.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline KeldorKatarn

We will most likely use only a version that drains energy from guns and/or shields. So it won't be THAT useful. This will be done for a simple reason: Gamebalancing/breaking. Disabling a mission critical ship is simply something bad theat will either break a mission because that ship is supposed to be indistructibe or it will destroy balancing because that ship was supposed to be hard to beat or something.

So yes we will most likely feature a leech because the Freespace engine already supports energy drain missiles, but we will only feature it in a way that doesn't compromise gameplay. And taking extra precautions in all missions just for a minor missile addition just wouldn't be worth it. I mean really... who used the Leech in wc3 anyway ;)