Author Topic: "Release Announcement" Trailer Released!  (Read 7859 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: "Release Announcement" Trailer Released!
Two days to go. Is this really happening?  :eek2:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Two days to go. Is this really happening?  :eek2:

Think of it as a bad dream.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I wish all my bad dreams were like that. At least this one doesn't involve monkeys.  :)
I only hope I'll be able to download it on the first day. You'd better set up a capable host server and mirror it in several places, since the load is going to be huge.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I only hope I'll be able to download it on the first day. You'd better set up a capable host server and mirror it in several places, since the load is going to be huge.

I wouldn't worry. We have partnered up with several sites on the internet, including www.demonews.de.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Mikes

You realize that only 10 days later you could have announced a release for April 1st.... and then could have actually released the game on April 1st. :)

But yeah.... no reason to spoil a major release like this with unnecessary drama. Still...  you don't get many chances to troll on such an epic scale! haha.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:58:10 pm by Mikes »

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You do realize that on the 22nd it will be ten years to the day that the Wing Commander Saga project was officially founded? :lol:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Besides, I doubt anybody would endure 10 more days of this torture.  :)

Besides, I doubt anybody would endure 10 more days of this torture.  :)

I agree 100%   :yes:

Offline Veers

Sooooo close!!   :shaking:
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You realize that only 10 days later you could have announced a release for April 1st.... and then could have actually released the game on April 1st. :)

BtRL already did that. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
1 day to go, depending on where you are.
BTW, which time zone are you counting from, Tolwyn? I thought it's GMT, but I don't know where you live (though I wish I did :)).

Well, judging from the release countdown timer on http://www.wcsaga.com/ it is still 21h33minutes away, so I'm guessing they are waiting for
1) everyone to be well into 22nd march before releasing
2) the end of their workday in order to be able to monitor the download and prevent stuff from going wrong

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
20+ hrs left?  That's the 23rd here :(
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
1 day to go, depending on where you are.
BTW, which time zone are you counting from, Tolwyn? I thought it's GMT, but I don't know where you live (though I wish I did :)).

GMT+1, which makes it 7 p.m. here. As it stands, everything is ready on our end, we are just waiting for the coutdown to hit zero. ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Seventeen Hours and forty minutes left!!!! :D Ten of which I'll spend sleeping, another five of which I'll spend at work, and the last two and change I'll spend driving and eating!

Offline CT27

I'm going to be relatively busy Thursday-Saturday, so unfortunately I won't be able to seriously play it until Sunday evening.  I'm really looking forward to it though.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
3 hours to go. Do you believe it? Three freakin' hours!

Is there a key to enable strafing in WC Saga, i.e. inertial disconnect like you could do in the Arrow V and Excalibur in WC 3?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
If you are referring to gliding (a.k.a. shelton slide), then yes. ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Let me get this straight. You bumped a thread that announces the release of a trailer that announces the release of a long-awaited game, all to announce the release the day of?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!