Author Topic: Why are Capship missiles so hard to hit??  (Read 7782 times)

Offline newman

Re: Why are Capship missiles so hard to hit??
Well, it took me a lot longer than a second and a half to afterburn to them. These bombs are invulnerable for at least a minute or so.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Hm, might be that the delay was increased, need to check the tables unless someone beats me to it.

They are nearly impossible to hit for another reason for me.
The saga's hud code works greatly for the main hud but when it comes to bracket and lead indicator, it remains streched as the original and when you play in 5760*1080 well fighters and bigger ship are ok but not missile.
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
The issue is that most of the cannon mounts in WC are lower mounted by a significant margin so if you centre the reticule on a target your guns hit slightly low in general, most of the time this is not an issue because targets are large enough that you still hit what you want.  With the missiles being ships in that mission you are trying to hit a very small target at a significant enough range that you need to take it into account
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've noticed this as well, they seem to be invulnerable/don't register collisions for most of the flight time and only after they are closer to the target (not sure how close) they become vulnerable.

I'm sure it's not me missing the missiles, I practically went through a missile one time and it didn't crash on me, nor I got killed or anything, also missile locked and fired on them do not hit.
el hombre vicio...

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Just pulled the pof file open and i didnt realise the missiles were so narrow, we are talking 2.12 meters high, 2.45 meters tall and 12.22 long which is a tiny target.  Compare that to a darket at 6.78, 16.39 and 23.92 or arrow at 5.5, 12.13 and 15.74.  Is there any collision detection issues with objects and hit profiles that narrow?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art