Off-Topic Discussion > General Discussion

*SPOILER THREAD* Ready Player One

(1/4) > >>

Bryan See:
WARNING. SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

While I didn't get to plan on seeing the Warner Brothers film Ready Player One as the release date comes, I would like to ramp up to the more major spoilers for the film. However, as a precaution, that still means I'll be starting with minor spoilers.

Ready Player One was reviewed 6/10, as an unabashed homage to geek culture and 80s nostalgia smorgasboard. You may have not noticed here that Ready Player One would be dripping with references from Star Wars, and perhaps FreeSpace?

Like Terran, Vasudan and Shivan craft flying across players in the OASIS system and during the final battle, perhaps.

That's conjecture. You may discuss, but be careful.

The E:
There is no chance whatsoever for a FreeSpace reference in RPO.

Grizzly:

--- Quote from: The E on March 18, 2018, 03:58:13 am ---There is no chance whatsoever for a FreeSpace reference in RPO.

--- End quote ---

That would require the author having taste :P

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: -Joshua- on March 18, 2018, 09:20:33 am ---
--- Quote from: The E on March 18, 2018, 03:58:13 am ---There is no chance whatsoever for a FreeSpace reference in RPO.

--- End quote ---

That would require the author having taste :P

--- End quote ---

Either way, it's enjoyable as it is a pop-culture mashup. I hope future ones will involve FreeSpace, I guess.

Scourge of Ages:
I'm all "I think I'll avoid this thread for spoilers" but I remembered I've read the book so hi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version