FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

Release: Mantle 1.0.0

(1/16) > >>

Kestrellius:

Mantle 1.0.0 is now available on Knossos! See bottom of post for download.

In this fourteen-mission campaign, you'll get a chance to play as a pilot serving on a Hammer of Light destroyer which, by misfortune or providence, becomes trapped in Shivan territory. Faced with peril both mortal and spiritual, will you and your allies have the fortitude to survive?

Screenshots:

Major changes:

- New Hammer of Light variants for the ships and weapons used by Runihara Cell. Hammer of Light textures for the Typhon, Aten, and Sekhmet were made by Galemp; the rest were hacked together by me.
- The experience of playing the first three missions no longer so closely resembles the experience of pulling out one's teeth through one's digestive tract.
- Various other balance tweaks and writing edits.
- Probably some other things I've forgotten about; I did most of this about a year ago.

Mantle 1.0.0 requires Blue Planet Complete, MediaVPs_2014, and SCP 3.8.0-2.

Please alert me to any issues you encounter.

Credits:

- The Blue Planet team and its contributors, for assets and music used.
- The MediaVPs team and its contributors, for models and textures used.
- Galemp, for Hammer of Light Typhon, Aten, and Sekhmet skins.

Mito [PL]:
 :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Downloading BPC right now so I can't play it at the moment but I just want to say that I've got some nice memories of this campaign. To anyone reading this, definitely have a go at this mod, you won't be disappointed.

And two questions: will it function with MediaVPs 3.8.2 instead of 3.7.2? And is only the 3.8.0-2 FSO build required or it will work with latest nightlies?

QuakeIV:
At least on Knossos, the first mission doesn't let me use afterburners.  Is that intentional?  I don't think the briefing mentions anything about it.

Kestrellius:

--- Quote from: QuakeIV on November 17, 2018, 11:43:13 pm ---At least on Knossos, the first mission doesn't let me use afterburners.  Is that intentional?  I don't think the briefing mentions anything about it.

--- End quote ---

The Anubis doesn't actually have afterburners, presumably because of Vasudan budget cuts or something.

QuakeIV:
Ah, thats just me herping the derp then.  Saw the engine energy bar and got confused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version