Author Topic: Small compatibility suggestion  (Read 2113 times)

Small compatibility suggestion
I've run into a couple of mods now that have incorrectly used lower-case names for the MVPs in their mod.ini and consequently need fixing on non-Windows systems. I'd advise that you go back to using lower-case names in future releases, since that seems to be the informal standard.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Small compatibility suggestion
I spent some time last night changing FSO to perform a case-insensitive directory search for -mod entries, adding all found in alphanumerical order.  It's not finished yet, but it should be... hmm.... soontm ;)  Anyway, that should stop this being a problem on Linux/BSD's (IIRC OSX & Windows by default use a case-preserving filesystem so it's not an issue there)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...