Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91819 times)

Offline Kie99

Happy to help. :)

Enjoy!
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Tis I

I apologize if this is a stupid question but i can't for the life of me figure out how to install the lightspeed nebula packs. It doesn't seem to have a readme. Where do i put the files i extract?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Since you are likely playing this as a Mod, add an "effects" directory (so something like, games\freespace2\derelict\data\effects) and extract the required tga files there.  I can't remember if this campaign release included it, but you'll probably need to extract the stars.tbl file from the nebula pack into the (mod) tables directory.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kragg

Originally posted by Slanker_MT
Originally posted by kietotheworld
I think you must be using FSO SCP 3.6. You need to upgrade to FSO SCP 3.6.5, or download some of the newer builds from the Recent Scp Builds Forum

better?

I'm only a month late in responding here....

Nope. I can't get 3.6.5 to work. Symptoms have been flaky. At first, it would apparantly fail pilot file conversion. Now, I get a CTD in the briefing room or it hangs immediately after mission start. Once, I played through most of a mission before it crashed. Same problem with other recent builds.

Also, if I'm only playing single player, why does SCP 3.6.5 trip my firewall? I doubt there's any reason for me to continue blocking it, but why is it trying to access the net?

Now even 3.6 won't work. It crashes when I try to open the ship selection or weapon loadout screens. Yesterday it would run, but the Erinyes and Nahema's were invisible in-game. Apparantly, the models just weren't there at all. I could only see the thruster glows, and direct weapons fire passed right through the Nahema's (unless it struck the shields).

This is wierd, so here's all the info I can think of that's worth posting.

Command line: fs2_open_3_6_5.exe -spec -glow -jpgtga -d3dmipmap -2d_poof -nobeampierce -snd_preload  -mod Derelict

If it matters, the system is an AthlonXP 2200+, nForce2, 512MB RAM, G-Force 4 Ti4200 128MB 8xAGP.

I have no webspace to upload a screen shot of my FS2 directory,but it contains these VP files:
ls_neb.vp
mv_adveffects.vp
mv_aseffects.vp
mv_core.vp
mv_zpack.vp
Root_fs2.vp
smarty_fs2.vp
sparky_hi_fs2.vp
Stu_fs2.vp
tango1_FS2.vp
tango2_FS2.vp
tango3_FS2.vp
tangoa_FS2.vp
tangob_FS2.vp
warble_FS2.vp

** The Derelict mod dir contains only BR_Derelict.vp and the corrected dl3-04.fs2 mission.

Ideas?

Kragg

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Try using one of the newer builds, like Goob's latest here.

I used to have that problem with the ships not being all there and it disappeared the instant I used any build later than 3.6.5.

[EDIT] Maybe it wouldalso have something to do with mv.aseffects? I hear all sorts of nasty things about that one. Besides, isn't it "discontinued?"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 02:03:19 am by 2005 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Those VP files are indeed old. Try replacing them with the 3.6.6 ones.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Kragg

Thanks guys! I'm running great now with the new VPs and Goob's build. Well, I don't have any in game music at all, but I believe there's another thread for that.;)

Fantastic campaign! I just finished it, and I've moved on the FSPort, but derelict was much more immersive. Kudos to the old team, and many thanks to BR for the updated release.

Kragg

Offline kie-san

I'm CTDing on the Memento Mori mission after the Cthon appears and Rebus wonders if the rest of the SHivans followed the same exit vectors

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That's a known issue; nobody's ever quite figured it out. You'll crash a lot, but probably get through it eventually.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Isn't it odd that certain missions have frequent crashes at the same place?  Is there a problem with certain SEXPs or something?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
To be honest, I think it may have to do with the Demon warping in. The first mission from my campaign did almost the exact same thing.

A Feddie Story

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Was its table entry/model changed? Because the Demon has never caused any trouble for me, neither in my campaigns, nor in the campaigns of anyone else.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
No. There's obviously some sort of complex condition beyond just having the Demon warp in and the game crash...there must be a set of other factors of some sort. I'd have to look at the missions very closely, side-by-side, to see if there is a discernable pattern.

A Feddie Story

Offline kie-san

It CTDs a little bit after the Demon shows up, not right as it does. There is some conversation after it then it crashes.

I'm running on FS2_open 3.6.5 with retail version also if that helps

Offline gaberad

Can you guys help out? I still don't get where to install the nebula backgrounds.

I have the BR_Derelict.vp in the fs2 root folder. And from what I've read, i should make another folder called Derelict, and in there under Data/Effects put the nebula files.

Do I need different folders for the different zip files when I extract them, because there are multiple stars.tbl files, and they would overwrite each other? Do I need to move the BR_Derelict.vp file into this Derelict folder?

I'm so damn confused.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
1) Get this file and extract it to your main FS2 directory, this will install all of LS's extra nebulas.
2) Make a new folder called 'derelict' in your main FS2 directory, and save BR_Derelict.vp in it.
3) Start FS2 with the mod 'derelict'.
-C

Offline gaberad

cheers bro

Hi, i have a question, on the BR_Derelict.   I'm on the mission, "Acceptable Losses", (after the SD Nyarlathotep came to life), and i've been having a problem on getting all four pirate ships.  only two made it out, but the other two somehow got there engines back together and going around in circles and the last two support ships can't dock with them.  But i tried to skip the mission and it keeps repeating the same mission over and over, after i jump out 5 times.  so is there a problem with the mission or campaign i might add, or i need to redownload the campaign?

Offline Kie99

You could just kill them before the support ships even arrive.  I don't think you fail the mission for it.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

alright, i'll try that way.....thank you

well i'll be damn, it works, thx for the advise......

ok another problem???   now i think you guys already had this question out or not, but on the mission where you need to scan all the nyarlathotep systems and other ships but, when it finish loading up and starting the mission, suddenly its starts the lag the hell out of my computer........any ideas????
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 11:13:19 pm by 3044 »