Author Topic: Wings of Dawn not on Knossos  (Read 6193 times)

Wings of Dawn not on Knossos
What exactly happened to Wings of Dawn? It's not able to be downloaded using Knossos, and I only found a Mega download link by accident, and I keep encountering an issue with the UI being really zoomed in, cropping all sides. Was it taken down from Knossos? Did the Knossos link just break? I really want to play Wings of Dawn, but I just can't get it working. Right now, I'm trying to get the log file.

I got the resolution working fine now (The flag was what was screwing with me) but I'm having an issue with the language settings. I can't get it to output English for what my wingmen are saying. Any ideas? I didn't realize the beginning of the mission was supposed to be unintelligible. My bad. Seems pretty good so far, just wish I could have installed it via Knossos
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 03:28:11 pm by GamerMan27 »

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Re: Wings of Dawn not on Knossos
Both Wings of Dawn Episode 1+2 and the original version are on Knossos. Are you sure Knossos itself didn't have a loading error on your end?
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Every time I've tried to install Wings of Dawn via Knossos it says that it can't find fso_wod. Attachment enclosed

I've had to finally download Wings of Dawn manually (God I wish I had faster internet. Took like 6 hours) and its working now. I've finished the first few missions, and I'm liking it a lot so far. I wish the Knossos version would download, so I didn't have to keep banging my head against this wall.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The Internet speed may be the issue here.  Knossos needs a fair amount of time to refresh and update its bits and bobs.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

The Internet speed may be the issue here.  Knossos needs a fair amount of time to refresh and update its bits and bobs.

I tried that, and waited until the modlist was refreshed. That image I sent earlier was directly after the mod list was reset. Can you download Wings of Dawn episode 1 and 2? That's the one I was trying to install

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
It did install for me when I tried it just now.  Could you try first manually installing the "Wings of Dawn Builds" mod, and then retry Wings of Dawn itself?

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline DixiE

It did install for me when I tried it just now.  Could you try first manually installing the "Wings of Dawn Builds" mod, and then retry Wings of Dawn itself?

I have the same problem as OP but "Wings of Dawn Builds" is not on the "Explore" tab in Knossos; only "Wings of Dawn Original" (which I can install) and "Wings of Dawn" are. I could find the Builds mod on FSNebula: https://fsnebula.org/mod/fso-wod

Clicking 'Install With Knossos' opens Knossos and gives me the error message "Mod fso-wod was not found!". How would I go about manually installing it? I've grabbed the archive from the "No, but I know exactly what I'm doing and I just want download links" section on FSNebula, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.

Wings of Dawn Builds doesn't show up in the Knossos launcher. The image I showed earlier is what comes up whenever I try searching Wings of Dawn

I also have this problem. I am unable to install episodes 1 and 2, and builds does not appear.

This still hasn't been resolved?  I have the same problem.

I'm also having this same issue when trying to download WoD via Knossos. Might have started with the new version of Knossos?

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
I have no trouble downloading or launching WoD through the newer knossos.net (see: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=98702.0), and it's far enough along that there's really no reason to use the older knossos unless you have to for some reason. Could those of you with problems give it a try and report if it's still a problem?
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

I have no trouble downloading or launching WoD through the newer knossos.net (see: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=98702.0), and it's far enough along that there's really no reason to use the older knossos unless you have to for some reason. Could those of you with problems give it a try and report if it's still a problem?

Ahh that worked, thank you! I wasn't aware of the .net version - this is really nice