Author Topic: RELEASE - Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius  (Read 419672 times)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Re: RELEASE - Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
Here's what I do to beat Forced Entry:

Spoiler:
Alpha wing should be in GTF Auroras with Prom-S/Balor. First bank of missiles doesn't matter, I prefer Harpoons, but the second should be Trebuchets. Beta wing's armament matters less, but they should have at least good speed (i.e. nothing slower than a Kulas).

Bring in Delta wing the second the mission starts. Tell 'em to attack a cruiser. Everyone else should attack the Maras. Once that's done, both cruisers should fall fairly quickly. If you're efficient enough you might be able to wreck both of them before the Duke even shows up.

Once the Duke arrives, tell Beta to protect it. Alpha and Delta attack random enemies. Use one Trebuchet on an Aeshma if you need to.

Next is the Labouchere. Make sure not to let it get disabled. Delta should attack the cruiser that arrives (though invariably it will try to nail one or both of them with its SRed). Join Delta in their attack, but only engage the cruiser long enough to take out both its beams (anticap and AAA). Then go back to attacking bombers.

The Solace should be able to handle itself, but if necessary you might tell Beta to run and defend it from Nephilim bombers. The Bretonia usually escapes notice altogether.

The Sanctuary needs help. Those Nahemas carry heavy ordnance, so shoot one or two of them down as you fly towards the Lilith that shows up. Get Delta (if they're still alive) and Sanc-Beta to help you disarm (or better, kill) that Lilith.

But when the Temeraire shows up, drop everything and rush towards it. Usually you have the chance to hit a Seraphim or two as you go towards it, but don't waste any time, just keep rushing towards its rear and keep going. Tell everyone to guard it too.

That way, when the Ravana shows up, you'll have the time to fire paired Trebs at each of its LRed cannons. Even if the Trebs don't work on their own (this has been known to happen), you should have the time to finish off the front beam turrets with your guns. Make sure to take out the dorsal SReds too.

And that should be it.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I don't remember how I beat it exactly...

I think
Spoiler:
I used Trebs and maxim to take out turrets, I remember that. Maxim has awesome anti-subsystem damage. (Although it runs out of juice like crazy)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
please erase the content of spoilers , because there to easy to read and sometimes when you have been stuck its just to tempting to click on page and ctrl-a  then read all the spoilers ,

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

You are clearly missing the entire point of the spoilers tags, andicirk. If you can't resist the temptation to spoil the plot for yourself, that's your own problem.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
You are clearly missing the entire point of the spoilers tags, andicirk. If you can't resist the temptation to spoil the plot for yourself, that's your own problem.

i havent read them, i promise..... erm..... well maybe the first line or so,

but it is a great mod even if some times it tries to slow my computer down to a crawl but it does look lovely with 3.6.10 and normal maps
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

i havent read them, i promise..... erm..... well maybe the first line or so,

but it is a great mod even if some times it tries to slow my computer down to a crawl but it does look lovely with 3.6.10 and normal maps

I'd recommend avoiding this thread until you've played through the whole thing . . . unless you encounter a bug you can't deal with.
   That's the one surefire way of avoiding spoilers.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Anyone have any idea why missile launchers show up as beam turrets?

Offline Dretch

I still have a problem with mission 07. It crashes after I click the button. After a bit of searching I found out that I should extract the mission and "remove the red alert flag". I opened it in FRED and in Notepad, but I can't seem to find it. Where should I search? What should I remove?

(I'm sorry if this sounds really noobish.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 05:35:14 am by Dretch »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
This campaign is quite enjoyable, great work! The new tracks are nice too. :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline blowfish

I still have a problem with mission 07. It crashes after I click the button. After a bit of searching I found out that I should extract the mission and "remove the red alert flag". I opened it in FRED and in Notepad, but I can't seem to find it. Where should I search? What should I remove?

(I'm sorry if this sounds really noobish.)

Its near the top of the mission.  If its not there, just remove the $Flags field.

WOW. This campaign is incredible. You did ALL of this stuff by yourself?! That is commendable. A great many multiple fan made campaigns do not have even close to what yours has.

New soundtracks, almost completely new capitol ships, a few new fighters, a new race, cutscenes, new weapons, new implementations of gameplay etc etc. Truly awesome The use of cutscenes were icing on the cake. The music made a tear come to my eye. The ships you chose to include were beautiful (as stated in the game.) Please do make another episode of this campaign!\

My only complaint is that one of the destroyers, possibly the titan class, absolutely killed my framerate. The last mission was painful to play because every time my screen went across that ship i was getting ~9 fps!

To anyone who was having trouble:
I am using the SCP installer with taylor's latest build, NOT THE 3.6.9 that came with it. These are the command lines I am using:
flags = -spec -glow -env -missile_lighting -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash ;

If you want to see the pretty stuff make a file called mod.ini in the mod directory and copy/paste the stuff below into it

[launcher]
infotext     = Blue planet

[multimod]
secondarylist=mediavps;
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:58:01 pm by MatthewPapa »

Offline blowfish

No one?

i have a problem, in the mission that has you find two unknown ships while flying a pegasus. i get the jump drives recharged message, then i jump out. theres no debriefing, and it says i've failed. whats wrong?  :confused:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
You're not meant to jump out. Wait a bit. Something happens.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline blowfish

i have a problem, in the mission that has you find two unknown ships while flying a pegasus. i get the jump drives recharged message, then i jump out. theres no debriefing, and it says i've failed. whats wrong?  :confused:

Spoiler:
In the first part, when the mission starts, just cut your engines and stay still.  If you get too close to the unknows, you will fail the mission.  In the second part, it doesn't matter so much.  After a short period of time, you will loose control of the mission. ;)

must... resist... spoiler... *strains*

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever

No one?

Well, maybe because it looks better? I prefer beam turrets looking like missile launchers. But in a "beamy" kinda way.

Offline blowfish

No one?

Well, maybe because it looks better? I prefer beam turrets looking like missile launchers. But in a "beamy" kinda way.

NO.  When I target a missile launcher on any ship the target reticle says "Beam Turret" even though it still fires missiles.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I noticed this too. For instance the Lilith's clusterbomb launchers are labeled as Beam Turret in BP, even though they still fire Shivan Cluster's.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

so THAT's why i almost screamed in the knossos mission when the lilith jumped in!